Tuesday, January 18, 2011

35 Weeks

We are seriously almost there! I can not even believe that bundle will make her appearance sometime in the next 5 weeks.  Can I get an OMG?? I mean seriously, this pregnancy has flown by.  However, I am getting to the point right now where time is starting to tick tick tick tick.  Anyone who has been pregnant knows what I mean.  I am seriously to the point where I feel as though I am a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. It is so weird to think that "I could go into labor today", every single day of your life.

I think I am going to actually chronicle the last few weeks of this pregnancy (stop the world!).  I feel so bad that I have waited until this point, but these last few weeks are where all the interesting details occur anyway. 

Emotionally:  Emotionally this week I am about the same.  I am ready/not ready at the exact same time.  I can't wait to not be pregnant, to see my baby girl, to love on her, to watch Caleb with her, and to begin our new life.  However, I am still trying to take in each and every day with Caleb before she arrives, and I do not want our time as a family of three to fly by so quickly.  I am emotional because Caleb is so clingy to me right now, and I am scared that he will see the baby as taking his place once she arrives.  I still have the general gitters that I think any mama would have realizing that in a few short weeks she will have TWO UNDER TWO!! Very few plan it this way, and I pray to God every day that I can handle it.  I worry that we will literally be locked in my house and that I will go stir crazy because it will be such a task at first to take two children out.  I still want to be able to have a life like we have had with Caleb, and I hope that I can get them into a routine where it will work for me.  I am also worried about sleep deprivation.  Caleb has always been a great sleeper, and I am really going to have to adjust myself back to the newborn wakeful stage, and then still get up at the butt crack of dawn with him.  Only God will be able to get me through the first few weeks of this I am sure.

Physically:  I had an appointment last week with the doctor where I discussed some issues I have been having. Basically I have been having severe braxton hicks that last for about an hour at a time, and severe cramping at least one hour out of every day. I am also feeling a lot of dilating pressure and pain.  He basically said that it could be one of two things...I could be feeling contractions sooner because it is my second pregnancy or it could be signs that I will have an early delivery this time around.  They are giving me my first check next Wed, and I swear I would not be surprised if I am like 2-3 centimeters.  I had severe cramping last night at a friends house and I swear I thought I was going to go into labor.  I am to the point where the simple tasks are not so simple.  Getting up from the floor is so hard, rolling over takes about three different tries, and chasing after Caleb is enough to wear me out every day.  A bath is a must at night, and I always beg hubby to rub on my back just a little to take away all the aches and pains before bed.  Colostrum is now leaking like a fossit, and none of my bras are comfortable anymore.  Infact, most of my clothes are not comfortable any more.  I have gained 20 lbs so far, and I basically sit around the house with my belly hanging out at all times during the day.  I have an increased appetite, and knock on wood, the heartburn is not nearly as bad as it was with Caleb.  Did I mention that physically I am DONE!

Things Going On This Week:
  • Nursery is a work in progress.  The walls are painted, bedding is ordered, projects are being completed, and closet is organized. 
  • I need to wash all the newborn clothing and get it ready for when she arrives.  I also need to get a few more newborn and 0-3 month clothes because she literally has like 5 outfits to leave the house in.
  • Almost done working.  I gave them my 2 weeks due to the physical strain on the pregnancy, and the emotional toll it was taking on my life right now.  I can not wait until work is over. 
  • Going to take C to the childrens museum this weekend for some mama dada time.  So excited!
Here is a pic of me at 35 weeks. Sorry it is so small it is taken with my phone.
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lyryn said...

Looking wonderful!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Your bump is the cutest ever! I can't believe your already in the final weeks. Wow! I know its not my pregnancy but boy has it flown by watching you grow. I will keep you and your sweet baby girl in my prayers :)
It sounds like your tying up any loose strings and getting ready for the big day.

The Dimino's said...

Girl I hear ya on the being DONE!! I have 6 weeks until my due date but my Dr. said she is going to induce me earlier!! Thank goodness!! Not sure how much earlier though!! Will be praying for you and baby girl!!

The Rogers Family said...

you look great! I just love following your blog, especially since Caleb loves his monkey like little Cohen does! I can't wait to see bundle! Not long! I swear the trend is for everyone to come early lately...our little guy would still be in there if it weren't for the signs of stress and us almost losing him...the dr said he was sooo comfortable! Anyway, I look forward to seeing bundle!