Saturday, November 13, 2010

Well..Since I am Awake....

Good morning bloggy friends.  In fact, good Saturday morning.  OMG I keep looking at the clock and asking myself "Why are you awake??".  I mean seriously it is 6:30 am on a Saturday morning and everyone in my house, including my dogs are sound asleep.  Everyone that is except me.  I blame it on pregnancy, and the fact that I tried to sleep off a possible cold yesterday, and the fact that my little man woke me up at 4 am to play.  What your babies do not do that?  Oh mine never used to either, but it has been the ritual for the past 3 nights.  I hear him laugh/whining in his crib, and I know that he has lost the precious binky somewhere beneath the covers.  I debate back and forth in my head...to go in or not to go in....I try to ignore...the laugh whine gets louder...I know he will not go back to sleep until binky is found....I give in....get out of bed....go to his room to find the binky...only to be greeted by laughter.  Yes, I have to admit it is cute, and I'll even admit I gave in the first night...however, NOT ANYMORE.  This mama refuses to Play at 4 am no matter how cute and cuddly and kissable my boy may appear.  I instead, search the bed for what seems like a million years to find the precious binky, give it to Caleb, kiss him, lay him back down, say night night time, turn on his music and leave the room.  Yes he does cry, but it only lasts for a couple of minutes and he gives back into sleep. 
However, this mama is screwed for the rest of the night.  Why?? Because I am pregnant, and God forbid you wake me up in the middle of the night!! I can not go back to sleep if this happens.  In fact, my hubby is under strong orders to stay clear! I mean God forbid he try to cuddle me in the middle of the night and wake me up.  There have been battles over this.  Poor guy.  Oh well that is what he gets for knocking me up back to back!

So, here I am.  I have been up since Caleb's playtime in the wee hours of the morning, I tried to go back to sleep, failed, decided I was hungry, and now I am indulging myself in blogger and yogurt.  I keep re-loading blogger in the hopes that there will be a new post from some other mama who is up at the butt crack of dawn.  So far Katie came to my rescue, and I am happy for that.  I love me some pictures of some Ellie Kate all dressed to impress :).  I am also trying to decide whether or not to go ahead and order Caleb's appliques for his Christmas wear.  Etsy is tempting me because it says there is only one left of a few of the appliques I want.  Maybe I will check the bank account and go ahead and do that.  I mean there is absolutely no point in going back to sleep now because Caleb will be waking up for real in about 20 minutes, and I know I am going to be one drowsy mama if I try to go back to sleep. 

So, just for laughs and giggles I am going to post this video of my little man who discovered one of his past loves the other day.  The jumparoo.  The baby I nanny for recently got one, and after a few "No's" to Caleb when he tried to climb in, I decided it was not worth the tantrum, checked the weight limit, saw he was good, and put him in.  What do I say, I pick my battles. I have to say it was a success, but the fact that he is basically bouncing on his knees cracks me up.  Ignore my annoying  voice, I have to talk like that when all I do is converse with people under the age of 2 all day every day. 


Photobucket

No comments: