Monday, June 8, 2009

31 Weeks

Hello bloggers. Sorry I have been out of touch. I traveled to see my little sis graduate from high school, and to my hometown for my first baby shower this past week. I will be sure to post pictures of both events in my next post.

Today, Nick and I went for our 31 week appointment. The doctor was a little concerned with my weight gain, because she says that I am not gaining enough. Until this visit the doctors had informed me that my weight gain looked good and that the baby was measuring correctly. However, today she said that I should have gained at least 5 lbs in the past couple of weeks and I have only gained 1. I began the pregnancy at 103 and now I weight 116. Total 13 lbs weight gain. She scheduled me for an ultrasound for my next visit to make sure that the baby is measuring correctly because she feels he may be measuring at 28 or 29 weeks. I have to admit that even though she told me not to worry I am. I have come so far in this pregnancy and it seems like it will be so soon when I finally get to hold my little miracle. I just do not want anything to be wrong. I am so attached and in love, and I just want my baby to be safe. The doctor asked if I was eating a lot and if I was exercising. I told her that I ate all the time, and that I waitress so walking is my only form of exercise. I am worried that if I have not gained enough in a few weeks that she may reduce my activity or even place me on bedrest. AHH I am so worried. Any mommies have any advice about how much weight they gained throughout the weeks of their pregnancy? Also, I am suppose to pig out the next few weeks. She said lots of milkshakes. Any flavor recommendations? I just want little Caleb to be happy and healthy. Keep us in your prayers.

No comments: