Thursday, May 14, 2009

Once Upon a Time There was a Girl....

with an innie belly button. However, on December 5th 2008 the girl discovered that she had a baby growing within he belly and thus the journey of the belly button began. The belly button used to look just like any normal belly button, and in fact at one point in time it was even pierced. However, the poor belly button is now loosing its once cute innie figure and is growing into a huge, pokey, protruding outie every day........
Okay, so maybe I got a little to into the story of my protruding belly button, but I just have to tell you that it is changing so much. Nick and I first noticed it around 21 weeks or so and laughed when one side of it began to poke up a little. However, week by week it has gone from a one side protruding button to an entire button protrusion. It is not a full outie yet, but it is definetely getting there. In fact, the other day I was changing in the morning and my lovely husband looked at me and said, "I think your belly button grew overnight". I looked down and to my horror it had. So now, instead of a cute innie, I have a large round soon to be outie taking over my stomach. It is my prediction that by 30 weeks I will have a full outie as a belly button. I'll keep you posted as to when it happens. It does go back to normal right???

Here we are at 27 weeks and the baby is approximately 2 pounds, and 9.6 inches. I read somewhere this week that if God forbid he were to come now he would have an 87% chance of survival and normal life. That number comforts and scares me at the same time. They say that his facial expressions are almost fully developed and that you may be able to see them in an ultrasound. Nick and I are looking into 4D ultrasounds, and I think that we may make the trip to Lexington to have once completed. Lexington Fetal Photography is having a Mothers Day sale until the 20th of May, so that is a definite possibility. Little Caleb is kicking like crazy this week, and the other night Nick and I watched (I guess his foot) move around and around my belly button. It was sooo neat. I find myself staring at my belly at night a lot and just watching the movement. It is amazing to know that he is in there, stretching, kicking, flipping, tugging etc. I have included a picture of my belly at 27 weeks, for your enjoyment.

No comments: