Friday, February 13, 2009

A Romantic Getaway

So, I came home to a surprise today. Nick has planned a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I had joked with him the other day telling him that I wanted to go to Gatlinburg, simply because I wanted to eat at the Dixie Stampede (very weird pregnancy craving). I have not gone to the Dixie Stampede in years, but I am now super excited. Since this weekend is the weekend before my birthday, and Valentines weekend we are staying until Wednesday morning, and then driving the five hours home. We are actually driving down tonight, and we will probably not arrive until about 1 am. However, I am very excited for a much needed weekend getaway with my husband.

It is funny because I was talking about the things that I like to do while in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge and unfortunately a lot of those I will have to pass up due to being pregnant. Though it may be hard to find something to do to entertain us for four days, it will definetely be a weekend free from everyone except for us. I love alone time.

I will let you know what all we find to do.

No comments: