Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cora

Last night I came across a blog about a family with a little 10 month old baby named Cora. Their story has truly touched, and ripped my heart out of my chest. Three weeks ago Joel and Jess (mom and dad) took Cora to the doctor due to the fact that she kept getting ear infections. Jess also had a couple of other concerns, like all new moms do, with her stomach being swollen, and an unexplained black eye. The doctor had the parents take Cora to the hospital for tests, and the prognosis ended up being that the sweet baby had stage 4 cancer. They began fighting the cancer immediately, and Cora had four surgeries. Eventually she began having lung failure, and her heart started building up fluid. Cora passed away Feb 8.

This story absolutely broke my heart. I can not even imagine how the parents of this little girl could be feeling. At Christmas, as far as they knew their baby girl was healthy, and now she is gone to be with Jesus. The parents have a strong faith in God and their blog is truly touching. Here is the link to their blog http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/. Please keep this family in your prayers. I can not seem to get them off of my mind, and I have been praying for them all day. There has also been a lullaby written in memory of her. Here is the link http://www.newmusicmonday.com/.

No comments: