Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Dreaded Blood Work

This morning, Nick is taking me to have all of my pregnancy bloodwork completed. I have to admit that ever since my last appointment I have been putting this day off. I have always had a fear of having my blood drawn, and I am definetely one of the those people who freak myself out before hand. However, my next appointment is on Tuesday, so I must have this blood work completed today.

Keep us in your prayers as we go to get this completed. One pray that I do not pass out, and two pray for the Cystic Fibrosis gene test to come back negative in my blood. My great aunt had two children with cystic fibrosis, and therefore I could possibly be a carrier of the gene. If I test positive for this gene then Nick will have to be tested as well to see if he is a carrier. Even though the chances of both of us having the gene are slim to none, it is still another pregnancy unknown to worry about.

After we are finished at the hospital however, we are going to a baby store that is going out of business, and seeing what fun things we can find. That idea is definetely what I will be looking forward to as they are poking me this morning.

No comments: