Sunday, February 8, 2009

The 4th month/2nd Trimester

Finally I have completed the first trimester, and am now beginning the journey into my second. This marks 14 weeks for baby and I, and I have to say I am getting more and more excited each day. The baby this week is about the size of my clenched fist, and the baby may actually be sprouting some hair. God knows this poor baby is definetely screwed with the curly hair gene. Unfortunately daddy and I both have been blessed/cursed with a head full of curly hair. I think I can deal with a little boy with a head full of curly hair, but I pray that some how if we have a little girl, a straight hair gene will come from somewhere. I do not want my daughter to have to go through life with hair like mine. It drives me crazy on a daily basis. The baby this week may also be growing eyebrow hair, and languno to keep him/her warm for the time being.



Nick and I had a blast shopping yesturday, however, we found it very difficult because we do not know the sex of the baby as of yet. Therefore, we left the shopping spree with a UK hoodie, and UK jersey for tailgates, and we decided to wait until we for sure know the sex before we buy anything else. It was so difficult. I am seriously looking into the 4-D ultrasounds in order to determine the sex a little earlier, and to get a clear picture of our little baby. Our doctor does not perform the first ultrasound until the sex can be determined, and I have to admit I am getting impatient. My birthday is this month so I think I may ask for the 4-D ultrasound as a birthday present. I have calculated the weeks, and the sex of the baby could be determined as early as March 8. I really feel as though it is a boy, but I can not wait to know for sure.



Today I have been thinking a lot about my cousin Matt. He is now in Atlanta at a rehabilitation hosipital in critical care. The doctor has stated that his eyes are tracking vertically at times, and that one eye has tracked horizontally. Some days it is just weird for me to think that he is still recovering, and that the future is still unclear at this point as to how long it will take. Today has been one of those days where everything reminds me of him. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. We are trying to plan a time to go visit him, and I am thinking it will be the end of February. This situation has truly taught me not to take anyone or any moment for granted, and to cherish every situation and day that God blesses you with. I look forward to the day when I can sit around with Matt, and have him make fun of the crazy things I say once again. This is a picture from my 21st birthday a couple of years ago.

No comments: