Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MOM

We all know how exciting it is to a mother to hear their baby say their name for the first time. I myself can not wait to experience this, and know that I am the only person in the world that he/she will be refering to. However, can you imagine your son being in a critical car accident on Christmas day, and watching him lay in bed day after day for two months not knowing when he will recover, and then hearing MOM. How powerful would that be? It brings chills and tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Well today, my Aunt Libby was able to experience this. Matt called out to her today by saying MOM. I can not imagine how happy she must have felt at that moment, and I can just imagine her standing over his bed with tears in her eyes saying "I am here my baby what is it that you need". For most moms I am sure after 23 years you take the word for granted, but when tradgedy strikes, you do not know if you will hear your baby call out to you again, and the word is not taken so lightly.
I am so excited that my cousin called out to his momma today, and I am so grateful to God for allowing him to recover, and I pray daily for continued recovery. God is so good, and I know that Aunt Libby is one happy mommy today.

I have included a pic of Matt and I when we were babies. This is probably around the age he said mom for the first time. I have also included a picture of him at 22. He is still her baby no matter how old he gets, and I am sure that the word Mom is one in which she will always be exctied to hear.


No comments: