Thursday, January 12, 2012

My attempt to Get In Shape

So, it is a new year and along with it comes resolutions.  I generally do not make resolutions, because 9 times out of 10 I do not stick with them.  However, this year I am really trying hard to change a few things in my life for the better.

I should begin by saying that I have never been athletic, enjoyed working out, ate very healthy, or worried about my weight.  God blessed me with a small frame, and for years that has been what has carried me through.  I have worked out in the past, but never really done much else, and I always seem to work out for a little bit and then stop.  However, after having my babies I realize that even though I am still small, and within a healthy weight range, I am not in shape, I do not eat healthy, and my stomach needs some work.  Breastfeeding has been my "diet" for the past year, but now that we are nearing the end, I know I need to find another plan. 

I have joined the world of MyFitnessPal on the iphone, and I am very impressed with it.  I have never counted calories before, and I had no idea where to start. However, this app makes it super easy with its bar code scanner, and large database of food.  I am trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, and lucky for my breastfeeding the 3 times a day that I do automatically removes 250 calories. 

I am also jumping back into the 30 Day Shred, for like the 4th time. This time I am determined to stick with it. However, I have to admit doing the same work out for 10 days is so BORING!! However, I have been feeling the soreness, and I hope it really does work at the end of 30 days. 

I am not going to be posting a whole lot about this on my blog.  However, I did want to post about it to remember my beginning stats, and also to have a little accountability.  I know that you all could care less if I work out or not, but the fact that I wrote this post makes me feel as though I should keep it up. 

Beginning Stats:
Waist: 27 inches
Hips: 34 inches (needs serious attention)
Thighs: 20 inches
Weight: 107 lbs
Photobucket

No comments: