Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crafting Has Begun

I am head over heels in party planning mode right now. I only have about 2 hours a day to work on party stuff, and only about 2 weeks until party day! I have been shopping, searching Pinterest like crazy, and narrowing down my ideas.  Today 2 projects finally came to completion. 

You may remember this photo from my Party Inspiration post.  It was pinned via Pinterest (of course). 


This photo did not come with a tutorial, so I racked my brains a few days on how to make it.  I went to Hobby Lobby and searched for a large M.  They did not have one quite as big as I would like, but they had one that would do the job.  The M was 2.99.  I then went to Michael's and searched their floral department. They were having a buy one get one free deal.  I bout 4 bouquets of pink roses for 4 dollars.  I will also be attaching white ribbon, but I have not added that yet. 

So List of What you Need:
  • Letter or choice (Hobby Lobby wood section)
  • 4 Bouquets of your choice of flower
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • ribbon in your color of choice
I started with my bouquet of flowers, and my plain M.

I then started pulling off petals one by one.  Flowers are super simple to disassemble just by pulling from the bottom and working your way up. I then took my hot glue gun and placed glue in the desired location.  I found that it worked best to bunch the flowers very close together. 

This is the end result. I am super happy with how it turned out. I just have to add ribbon to the back, and it will be complete. I think this will be a great wreath for the party entrance.

I also made this today via an idea on Pinterest. LOVE! It was actually super simple.

What you need
  • Canvas (Hobby Lobby sells 2 for 5.99)
  • Peel and Stick letters from Hobby Lobby (2.50).
  • Paint
  • Paintbrush
You first take your blank canvas, and place your stick on letters in the desired location.  After the letters are placed you paint the canvas and the letters. Allow the canvas to dry, and then peel the letters.  Super simple!




Photobucket

3 comments:

Rachel Burkart said...

Love all of your crafts! I can't wait for her party!

Lo said...

I'm in love! So awesome Sarah. Now you can never say, "Ugh, I'm not creative or crafty!" I'll never believe you!

Unknown said...

it's all thanks to pinterest I assure u