I saw an idea like this on another blog a while ago (can't remember the name of the blog sorry). I have decided to start this new trend for my blog every week as well. Each week I will feature a favorite bloggy friend of mine. Basically ask them a few questions, and link you to their blog so you can check them out as well.
1. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging right after my husband I got married in May of 2008. A friend of mine had a blog at the time, and I thought it was the neatest way to chronicle your life! I have always been into writing, and for me blogging is a creative outlet and a form of therapy.
2. What is your love story with you hubby? How did you meet, when did you get engaged?
My husband and I met on myspace of all places! I had just gotten out of a rough relationship and decided I needed to find a good guy, so I "shopped" myspace! (This was back when myspace was THE thing). I came across his profile and it had a picture of him laughing. He looked like he loved life. So I emailed him and and simply said, "You seem like an interesting person." He emailed me back and we decided to meet in person a couple weeks later. We had dinner in downtown Nashville and then walked around Centennial Park in the pitch dark. I knew that somewhere in the park there was an old fighter jet on display, so we began to search for it. We spotted it from about 100 yards away and Josh teased, "If I can tell you what kind of jet that is, you have to give me a kiss..." I thought there was NO WAY he would be able to get it right from that far away so I agreed. He looked and looked through the darkness and finally decided on his answer, an F86 Fighter Jet. We held hands and walked to the plane and there on the plaque it said "F86". We had our first kiss right there under the wings! It was magical.
We got engaged on our one year dating anniversary. Josh took me back to the park where we had our first date and proposed to me there. We got married six months later in May and it was the most fun wedding I have ever been to!
3. What is your #1 must have, couldn't live without baby item?
The thing I could not live without is my video monitor. It is so great to be able to see what Ellie is doing when she is crying in her crib. You can find it here. http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B0007OD8SU
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Ohhh this is a hard one. I'm not a single hobby kinda gal. I usually just get on "kicks". Right now I am loving digital scrapbooking. I have created a book for Ellie and her grandmothers that you can view on my blog. I love doing anything crafty because it lets me flex my creative muscles.
5. What is your daily schedule with your baby?
You will notice that most of my activities include only Ellie and Me. That’s because her dad travels for work and is out of town about 4 days per week. If you would like to see a schedule while Josh is home just sprinkle his name into most of these activites : )
- 6am: Ellie wakes up. I bring her downstairs to my room and feed her a bottle, then we play while I drink my coffee and watch the news in bed.
- 7am: Ellie and I go upstairs and I put her in the swing while I do things on the computer, etc.
- 7:45ish: Ellie goes down for a nap. She only sleeps for 45 minutes, I can set my clock to it! While she is sleeping I do more computer work and get all my stuff ready for the gym. I pack a diaper bag for her, a spare bottle, my hair dryer, flat iron, makeup, flip flops, towel wrap, and clothes for the day.
- 9:30am: Arrive at they gym, drop Ellie off in the nursery and head over to aerobics class. They keep her for a maximum of 2 hours so after my gym class I take a shower and get ready for the day. The locker room is really nice!
- 11:30am: Pick Ellie up from the nursery, get in the car and run errands. By "errands" I mean our daily walks around Target and TJ Maxx. We usually don’t buy anything, we just walk around and kill some time.
- 1pm: Arrive at home and do various things. Ellie will nap for 45 minutes and then as soon as she wakes up we play the "go back to sleep game" where I pat her in her crib while trying to avoid her smiles. This lasts until my legs go numb from bending over (about 15 minutes) and some days she will take an additional 45 minute nap. We are working on our nap skills : )
- 3pm-5pm: We play on the floor, watch movies, swing, do whatever.
- 5:30pm: She will usually take another 45 minute evening nap.
- 6:30 pm: I start her bedtime routine which consists of a bath, lotion rubdown, and pajamas.
- 7pm: I put Ellie to bed while she is awake and she goes right to sleep! (I know, I have a REALLY good baby)
- 7pm-10pm: This is MY time! I fix myself some dinner (usually cereal) and watch my dvr'd shows, talk to Josh on the phone, and read a little before going to bed. I try to make sure I am asleep by 10 so that I am fresh for the next day.
6. What is your #1 piece of advice for a new momma?
My best piece of advice is to pick a parenting theory and stick to it! We followed the "Babywise" routine and it has worked for us. There are several different theories out there and it really doesn’t matter which one you choose, as long as it works for you and your family. Do NOT try to just "wing it" and think that your baby will thrive. Babies need structure and and the more you practice the same routine, the better they will be. Because of Babywise, I can put Ellie down for a nap awake and she will soothe herself to sleep.
7. If you could give your baby one piece of advice to remember forever, what would it be?
That Jesus hung on the cross for her sins. He took away all of the things she has ever done wrong just because He loves her THAT MUCH.
8. List your Top 5 Daily blogs to read with URL addresses.
Kelly's Korner http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/
Heir to Blair http://theheirtoblair.com/
Ashley's Avenue http://ashleylinam.blogspot.com/
Living with Lindsay http://www.livingwithlindsay.com/
A Soft Place to Land http://asoftplace.net/
9. Favorite store to buy baby clothes?
10.. Favorite Bible Verse?
John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I truly believe this.
Mom of Ellie Kate
Please take a minute to vote for us at
Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway right here!!