Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Family First

Today was an amazing day with my hubby and baby boy.  We woke up this morning, got ready for church, and started to walk out the door. It was then that we realized that we had 10 minutes until church began, and a 20-25 minute drive to get there.  I hate to walk in late, so we just decided to go get lunch instead, and made a vow that we would be better with our timing next week.  We just went for a simple lunch at Arbys. We didn't want anything big, so it was the perfect option. I fed Caleb while Nick ate, and then sat and talked with my hubby while I finished my food.  Then we traveled to a first for me, and a first for our family of three.  A Pumpkin Patch.  We did not have pumpkin patches that I am aware of in my hometown, and therefore I never went to one.  We had fun pushing Caleb around in the stroller, and picking out his very first pumpkin. A 10 lb pumpkin to be exact. After picking out a pumpkin we had fun taking pictures with our little man throughout the patch. Of course little man decided that it was sleep time once again.  We have not had a family photo shoot yet that he was awake for. Oh well, it will be cute to compare pictures of this years trip with next years.  Next year he will be a one year old, fun loving toddler. Oh how that will be different.  Enjoy the pictures, and I hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun, can't wait til our pumpkin patch visit in a few weeks. I've been to a fall festival when I was little but never a patch either! Thanks for sharing

Lea Liz said...

What a fun family tradition to start!! I love the pictures!! Caleb looks adorable!

Katie said...

I love the one of you two in the hay!

Abby said...

Ha! I guess we missed you by about 24 hours! Too funny...when I post my pics tomorrow, the scenery will look awfully familiar ;)

Cute pics, btw!

Pixel Perfect said...

How cute is he?! Love the pictures!

Monica