I seriously can not wrap my mind around how fast we have gotten to this 10 1/2 month point. I almost lost my breath last night when I realized that a couple weeks after Christmas I will have to send out her FIRST BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS! Seriously? How is this happening?
Mckinlee at 10 months
Eating: You are eating three meals a day with snacks in between. You have basically sworn off all baby food. I can sometimes get you to eat some baby food fruits but it is few and far between. You will however, eat the baby food pouches (score). I also put baby food fruits on toast like jelly for you and you love it.
You have been on a bit of a nursing strike. You are just coming around a little. So far you have nursed 2 times today and had 2 bottles. The doctor recommended I give you a couple of bottles of formula a day due to weight issues, and ever since then you have a hard time nursing. You have dropped your 11 am milk feeding and you push it back to right before your 1 o clock nap. I am hoping we can continue breastfeeding until you turn a year but we will see how it goes.
You still love table food, and there is seriously nothing you turn down.
Sleeping: You are still sleeping great. You nap from 9:30-11 from 1-3 and sometimes nap from 5-6. You are going to bed around 8:30 or 9 and sleeping until 8:30 am. You are sleeping in your bed in your own room.
Size: You are still a peanut. You weigh 15 lbs 2 ounces and you are 26 1/2 inches. You were below the 5% for height and weight and your head circum. was in the 25%. You are wearing any where from 0-3 to 6-9 month clothing. You have finally outgrown 0-3 month sleepers. You are wearing a size 2 shoe and a size 1-2 diaper depending on brand.
Speech: You are so smart. You say dada, mama, Bella, baba, and bye bye. If we make noises you repeat the noise we make.
Exciting New Things:
- You laugh all the time now.
- You have no fear. Dada will flip you, fly you, pretend to drop you etc and you just laugh.
- You always climb up the gate and squeal when dada gets home.
- You dance all the time. At the first sound of music you stop what you are doing and start dancing.
- You love to pat me really fast and squeal.
- You have taken a huge interest in anything and everything Caleb. You always want to do exactly what he is doing and you get mad if you can't.
- I think you are teething...we shall see
- You are still a mamas girl, but you are going to others easier now.
- You loved Santa.
- Your hair is growing, and you are becoming more and more beautiful every day.
- You will not keep your bows on anymore :(. You always pull the headband down around you neck and pull your bow off to eat it.
- You are still so snuggly and perfect.