Monday, December 19, 2011

Mckinlee 10 Months

I am seriously slacking when it comes to taking monthly pictures and writing Mckinlee's monthly post.  She is almost 11 months now and I am just getting around to writing her 10 month post. I guess better late than never? 

I seriously can not wrap my mind around how fast we have gotten to this 10 1/2 month point.  I almost lost my breath last night when I realized that a couple weeks after Christmas I will have to send out her FIRST BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS! Seriously? How is this happening? 

Mckinlee at 10 months

Eating:  You are eating three meals a day with snacks in between. You have basically sworn off all baby food. I can sometimes get you to eat some baby food fruits but it is few and far between. You will however, eat the baby food pouches (score).  I also put baby food fruits on toast like jelly for you and you love it. 
You have been on a bit of a nursing strike.  You are just coming around a little. So far you have nursed 2 times today and had 2 bottles.  The doctor recommended I give you a couple of bottles of formula a day due to weight issues, and ever since then you have a hard time nursing. You have dropped your 11 am milk feeding and you push it back to right before your 1 o clock nap.  I am hoping we can continue breastfeeding until you turn a year but we will see how it goes. 
You still love table food, and there is seriously nothing you turn down.

Sleeping:  You are still sleeping great.  You nap from 9:30-11 from 1-3 and sometimes nap from 5-6.  You are going to bed around 8:30 or 9 and sleeping until 8:30 am.  You are sleeping in your bed in your own room. 

Size: You are still a peanut. You weigh 15 lbs 2 ounces and you are 26 1/2 inches.  You were below the  5% for height and weight and your head circum. was in the 25%.  You are wearing any where from 0-3 to 6-9 month clothing. You have finally outgrown 0-3 month sleepers.  You are wearing a size 2 shoe and a size 1-2 diaper depending on brand.

Speech:  You are so smart. You say dada, mama, Bella, baba, and bye bye.  If we make noises you repeat the noise we make.

Exciting New Things:
  • You laugh all the time now.
  • You have no fear. Dada will flip you, fly you, pretend to drop you etc and you just laugh. 
  • You always climb up the gate and squeal when dada gets home.
  • You dance all the time.  At the first sound of music you stop what you are doing and start dancing.
  • You love to pat me really fast and squeal.
  • You have taken a huge interest in anything and everything Caleb. You always want to do exactly what he is doing and you get mad if you can't. 
  • I think you are teething...we shall see
  • You are still a mamas girl, but you are going to others easier now. 
  • You loved Santa.
  • Your hair is growing, and you are becoming more and more beautiful every day.
  • You will not keep your bows on anymore :(.  You always pull the headband down around you neck and pull your bow off to eat it.
  • You are still so snuggly and perfect. 
I love you my sweet girl.  Even though you are almost one I like to think you are still a little bitty baby. The fact that you are still the size of a 4 month old helps with that picture a little :). 
Photobucket

No comments: