Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Favorite Things of 2

My sweet boy has been growing and changing so much lately, and I am just loving him at this age.  I am so amused by him daily, and I really want to remember who he was at 2.  Since I am using this blog as his baby book I thought I would take the time to record some of my favorite things about him at age 2. 

  • Whenever we say "I love you Caleb" you smile and say "Love me too". 
  • You take your pillow, monkey, Elmo, and Scout dog with you all around the house.  You make multiple trips from room to room to make sure you have every thing. 
  • When you come into our room in the morning you will have Scout or Elmo and you will hand them to me. You will them smile and hold your little finger up and say "be right back k?...get my "pillooo" You will then bring your pillow in and say "be right back k? get my monkey" etc. It is probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
  • You named our Elf "Up", and you do not like it when he moves. You want him to stay in the same place he was the day before.
  • When you want to watch Blues Clues you do the blues clues dance.
  • You play guitar and sing to us now. You also love playing the harmonica.
  • You get embarrassed by dada and I. If we dance or sing you always hold you hand up and say "Bop Bop" (translation Stop).
  • You are talking all the time now, and you were able to name all your flash cards the other day for the first time.
  • You still say all colors are blue, and you will argue with me to be silly if I tell you other wise.
  • You love going downstairs to play with K.
  • You can pedal your tricycle now.
  • You always say please and Thanks Mom or Thanks Ga (dad).
  • You are a good listener for the most part, and time out is usually all the discipline you need.
  • You always want Kinlee to lay with you and you get sad if she will not listen.
  • You like to cuddle up in my lap and have me feed you your sippy like a baby.
  • You sleep with the lights on in your room now.
  • You can draw a pretty good O. 
  • You are obsessed with trains and cars.
  • You always pretend to go bye bye and you have to give Kinlee and I a hug and a kiss first.
  • You still pat our backs when you hug us.
  • You love to have your back rubbed.
  • You can "toot" when you want to now.  Lovely. You started doing it the other day and dada and I were laughing so hard we were crying. You would run up to me, toot, laugh and then run to daddy, toot and laugh.  I know we shouldn't have laughed because we were encouraging the behavior but it was so funny!!!!
  • You can say Jesus, and God and Amen now, and you do when we pray. 
  • You are still doing great with the potty. You independently go when you need to and then I help you wash your hands. 
  • You call your blanket "please". I have no idea why.  I don't know if it is because I always say "do you want your blanket please"?  Anyway, it is the cutest!!! I think I will cry when you actually start calling it a blanket. 
I feel like there are so many more cute things that I am forgetting. I am in love with this age, and with all the new things that Caleb does daily. I wish I could bottle him up at this age forever!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Awe I love that he says that when you say I love you. So cute. Isn't it such a fun age. :)

Elizabeth Taylor said...

So cute! I need to do a 2 year post too. It would be pretty similar. Owen has a complete obsession with trains. :)
I'm still so jealous caleb is potty trained.... Not that I've even tried- I'm too scared.
Hope y'all have a wonderful holiday!!!
Elizabeth