Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mckinlee 7 Months

Mckinlee at 7 months:


Eating: You are eating solids 3-4 times a day. You eat a full jar mixed with cereal and breast milk each time.  Sometimes you will eat 1/2 of another jar, it just depends on your mood. You do not like your green veggies very well. You will hold them in your mouth and grunt instead of eating them. I have to mix them with other veggies.You have tried tons of different fruits/veggies/meats and we have had no reactions to allergies yet. You have also eaten pieces of bread, banana, and strawberries non purred.  You are still nursing every 3-4 hours.

Sleeping: Your naps are finally on track and predictable! Can I get a hallelujah!! It only took me 6 months to get you and Caleb on the same afternoon nap schedule, but it is now in effect. You wake up around 7:30 and you go down for your morning nap around 9-9:30 and sleep until 10:30-11.  You then go down for your afternoon nap around 1 and sleep until 3. You sometimes take another hour nap around 5, and you are going to bed around 8:30-9 and you sleep until 7:30 the next morning. You are still sleeping in your crib and you generally do not give much of a fuss now when we lay you down. You still like your binky to fall asleep.

Size: You are still tiny tiny tiny. We go for a weight check on Monday to see if you have packed on some pounds.  You are in a weird size right now and I am having a hard time deciding what size to buy you for winter. A size 3 month shirt is still big on you, but the pants are too short. The 6 month outfits I have for you are way to big, and very few places make 3-6 months. You are long and lean. You are still wearing a size 1 diaper.

Speech: You said ba ba and ma ma this month. I know it is to early for you to understand what those words mean, but I swear you understand mama. The other night Autie K was feeding you and I walked in the room. You immediately started looking at me and crying "Maa Maa Maa Maa". You did this multiple times.  Have I mentioned I love you to pieces?

Exciting New Things:
  • You can go from the crawling position to the sitting position on your own.
  • You crawl both legs forward and then belly flop.
  • You army crawl everywhere.
  • You try to crawl in my lap when I am sitting in the floor.
  • You still growl all the time.
  • You vibrate your voice when daddy pats your chin. You only do this for him.
  • You nurse my chin all the time.
  • You are a very distracted nurser. You always have to see what is going on around you.
  • You laugh at Caleb all the time!
  • You still love to eat your feet.
  • You always smile and squeal when I come to get you out of your bed in the morning. 
I love you sweet girl!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Joeylee said...

aww she is a cutie! happy 7 months. I love her name

Elizabeth Taylor said...

So cute!
I thought of you at dinner tonight because my husband said we are having a battle of - let's get s bulge. Hehe.
Holden at his 9 month apt. Didn't gain but a very little bit since his six month apt. So we are trying to fatten him up too. He is so very close to walking and doesn't sit still for a second that even though he is a great eater he just burns too many calories.
We will have weight checks every month until he is one - to monitor his gaining. :)
I thought Owen was a very busy baby, but this little one never stops!!! I guess he is trying to keep up with his big brother!
Hope all is well at her check up.
Elizabeth

Lo said...

I love love love these photos!!

The Rogers Family said...

Oh my word she is a doll!!! Our monkey man is almost 8 months now and it's cute to see how he is doing so much of what she is! Love the precious pink!