Since the birth of Mckinlee I have baby wore constantly. While out in public I sometimes will be seen baby wearing Mckinlee, and carrying Caleb on my hip. It is also a life saver when your toddler decides to throw them self on the ground in protest over something. Trust me you need both hands to lift them and get them calmed down.
Before Mckinlee arrived I was gifted a Moby Wrap at my baby shower. I was so excited, and we immediately went home, and practiced wrapping me and a Elmo doll. It was a little intimidating at first. However, once Mckinlee arrived I started to really grasp the main wrap, and I started to get the hang of it. However, there were a few times when she would fight me on the newborn snuggle hold, and I would be left out in public confused, frustrated, wrapped, and still have my arms full. It really wasn't until Mckinlee was big enough for the kangaroo hold, that I became a huge fan of the Moby.
- Tight hold
- Lots of different holds (youtube has tons of videos)
- A lot of fabric. It is not easy to take with you, and generally I would have to wrap myself before I left the house, or leave it in the car.
- Hot in the summer
- Pulls your shirt in weird ways
- Frustrating at times
- various holds
- small enough to fit in bag
- does not mess with clothes
- coverage for nursing
- not as secure as the moby if you have to bend over