- Week before we left for Florida Caleb had a runny nose and cough. We went to the doc just to make sure there was no ear infection/anything in lungs. He checked out fine
- 2 weeks later he still has a runny nose and cough. I take him to another doc in our pedi group and he diagnosis him with a sinus infection and gives us amoxicillan. On top of this he tells me Caleb does not have thrush when I know he does.
- 2 days later Calebs mouth breaks out in white and I call the doc and demand thrush medicine.
- Take Amoxicillan for 10 days and he is still not cleared up and cough is worse. Go back to the doc and see another pedi in the group. He comes up with a "viral infection" and calls in two other perscriptions. He then tells me that amoxicillan makes thrush worse. OMG I am going to Kill these doctors!!!
- Thrush still there 2 round antibiotic for it!! Give Caleb a few rounds of the "viral infection" antibiotic, and then I decide that I need to find out what is wrong and not just give medicine for nothing.
- Go to Billy Days this past weekend and Calebs eyes start swelling and becoming itchy and red all the time. I wait until today to make sure I was not being paranoid and went back to the doc.
- FINALLY I get to see the first doc that told me long ago Caleb needed no medicine and just had a cold and I LOVE HIM!!! He checked Caleb out, said it was crazy for him to have ever taken any of those meds to begin with, and he FINALLY figured out what was wrong!!
- MY BABY HAS INDOOR ALLERGIES. Outdoor allergies generally do not show up until babies 2nd year of life, however, indoor can show up around 8-9 months. He said it could be caused my carpet, pets, cleaning supplies etc etc. He said it was for sure allergies because his nasal cavaties were pale, and his eyes had small bumps under the lids. He answered tons and tons of questions for me, gave me reading material to stock up on knowledge, recommended a medicine but gave me all the paper work to read up on first. OMG he was a life saver because I was really about to switch pediatricians!!! We will NEVER see anyone else. We are not exactly sure what is causing Caleb's allergies at this point, but in the next few months we will be trying to rule some things out.
On another note this week has been full of bargains! I found a 25 dollar high chair at once up a child for Meemaw's house yesterday! Today we went to a consignment sale at a local church and I stocked up on a ten dollar perfect bassinet for baby #2 (one day), and a table and chair set for Caleb for 25 dollars, a Jesus loves me CD for 1 dollar, and a pair of shoes for 3 dollars!! So excited about my finds!
Here are a few pics of little man from the past week to hold the g-parents over!!
This is how excited Caleb was about Billying!
He loves to blow raspberrys now!