Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Early Lovely Blogger Thursday

Lovely Blogger Thursday is back, and this week it is coming a little early.  Not to sure if I will have time to post tomorrow.  Anyway, on to the point...

This is Abby the Babbler who blogs here (pics taken from her blog)


This is her adorable little man Beckham (how cute is that name?)


She is this weeks LOVELY BLOGGER.  Make sure to stop by and check her out. 

1. When and why did you start your blog? {I started my blog 2 days before I actually had Beckham back in 2008. I created it as a way to chronicle our life as a new family - and it has turned into so much more. I love connecting with all the other bloggers out there and really feel connected to so many great ladies. I anticipate binding it all into a book someday as a family "heirloom" of sorts, and I think Becks will appreciate all the memories.}
2. How did you and your hubby meet/engagement story? {Brandon and I met in high school and dated on and off for almost 7 years before he proposed. He proposed on the front steps of my parents' house before I returned to Lexington for school. We'll have been married for 4 years next month!}

3. What is your schedule like with your baby? {During the week, I get myself ready for school, and then get Beck up around 7am. Either B or I take him to one of his Nana's until around noon when I pick him up. He usually naps from noon-ish until 4 or 5pm. He's a great napper! We spend our afternoons playing outside, baking, watching Sesame Street (always the same DVD), or running errands. We always have a family dinner when B gets home, and then it's usually a little more playtime followed by a bath. We read stories and sing songs around 7:30pm and then it's off to bed!}

4. Did you go before/after/or on your due date? Natural labor or c-section? {Becks came a day late and I was induced, much to my surprise, following a non-stress test. I wasn't anticipating having a baby that day, but due to heart decellerations, it was imminent. B and I both were big proponents of me going natural, but I couldn't bare the pain and eventually caved in for an epidural at 9 cm dilated. Crazy? ABSOLUTELY! If i have to be induced again, I would definitely go for the epidural earlier. However, I did have a fairly quick labor from start to finish and I'm starting to foget the pain! Becks' birth story is detailed here.

5. Favorite place to buy baby clothes? {Thrift stores, consignment sales, and garage sales. I'm a sucker for a good deal, and pretty much refuse to pay retail for something he'll likely wear for a couple of months before he outgrows it. With that said, I do love The Children's Place for staple items and will stock up at their yearly Monster Sales on seasonal pieces.}

6. #1 piece of advice for your baby? {Put God first, others second, and yourself third. Be true to what you believe in and have confidence and strength to persevere through the ups and downs of life. I think that is more than one! }

7. favorite bible verse/quote?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

8. All time favorite baby item? {I'm going to go with a couple because I think their combined effectiveness helped me continue my desire to nurse, which was very important to me. I wouldn't have made it through earlier motherhood without my lactation consultant, Medela Pump-n-Style, My Breast Friend, the Boppy, and nipple shields! I tell you what, those nipple shields were my nursing saviors in the early days, and I doubt I would have continued if my consultant hadn't encouraged their use. }







Photobucket

No comments: