Monday, April 5, 2010

8 Month Bunny

Yesterday Caleb turned a whole 8 months old. WOW.  It is so crazy to think back on being pregnant, and how long 8 months seemed.  However, now that he is here 8 months has flown by.  We celebrated Easter on his 8 month b-day, and it was so fun.  I will have a full Easter post to come.

Caleb here is what you are doing at 8 months

Sleeping: You still sleep through the night.  You generally go down in your crib around 9:00 (was 8 before the time change).  You may have a couple of sleeping cries, and all I have to do is replace the binky.  You sleep until around 8 am in the morning, then you eat, and go back to sleep for about an hour.  Mama always cuddles you during this morning nap.  You then always go down for a nap at 12, and sleep until around 2. If you do not get this nap you are a grouchy boy.  You generally will take one more hour nap around 3:30. You no longer sleep on your back, but you now sleep on your side or belly, and you move all over your bed.  You like to have a toy in your bed to play with while you are trying to go to sleep.  Sometimes when I walk in you are cuddling your teether. So cute. You still have to have a binky to sleep.


Eating: You love to eat solids now, and you usually eat every 3 1/2-4 hours. You have a morning 7 ounce bottle when you first wake up.  Your next feeding you get a fruit mixed with cereal, a 3 ounce bottle, and either yogurt melts, puffs, or banana to snack on.  Your next feeding you get a veggie mixed with cereal, a 3 ounce bottle, and a snack as well.  If I cook veggies for dinner I always make you a plate. You do not really seem to like baked potatos, which is funny to me.  However, you love corn, green beans, spinach, and bread.


Size: You are wearing 6-9, 9 month, and 6-12 month clothes. I am excited because it is  almost summer time, and little rompers look so cute on you. You are wearing size 4 diapers. Still Pampers 13 hours.  You weigh 20 lbs 10 ounces!! You are so big, and chunky and I love it. 


Exciting New Things:
  • You went to Florida for the second time this past month, and you loved playing in the sand. You were not a  fan of the ocean, but I think you are going to be a beach bum just like mama.
  • You are so close to crawling.  You roll all over the place, and you butt scoot as well.  You right leg always gets stuck under you, but I am convinced as soon as you can get it out that you will start crawling.
  • You always dance with your head now and say "I gooooooood".
  • You love your sippy now, and will drink out of it with ease.
  • You LOVE bathtime, and you sit in the big part of your bath tub now.  You just splash the whole time.
  • You always roll over on your belly when I am trying to change your diaper. I am becoming an expert on putting the diaper on backwards.
  • You have had your first major illnesses this month, and you have been on 3 different medications.  You have had a sinus infection, cough, and thrush.  Makes mama sad. 
  • You hate taking your medicine, and when I try to give it to you I say "bite", and instead of opening your mouth you shake your head no.  I have been giving two of them to you in your bottle.
  • You play "Where's Caleb" now. You will pull a blanket over your head until I say "Where's Caleb", and then you will pull it down for me to say "There he is"! It is so cute.
  • You reach for mama and dada now when you are playing on the floor and you want me, or when someone else is holding you and you want me.  I love it.
  • You throw tantrums, if we take something out of your hand that you want. There is no way of calming you down.  It is hilarious/scary at the same time. 
  • You know what "No No" means.  You stop and look at me and then pucker your lip when I tell you no. 

I love you more than life my little bunny.  You have filled my life with so much joy and happiness



Photobucket

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love that last picture of him looking at his monkey:) I also really like his overalls, my mom and I have an etsy store and are always trying to come up with more cute boy clothes ideas!