Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving.  We had a wonderful time traveling to my home town to be with family, and ate way more than we ever should have.  I of course forgot to take any pictures. I know, I am that mom that does not have a single picture from my daughters first Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have to dress her up for a photo shoot and pretend. 

I really took the time to reflect this past week on my blessings and what I am so grateful for.  I have been participating in a Bible study, and I have also been attending a series at church on Thankfulness and it has truly gotten me to take a step back.  I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.  I have so much to praise God for.  However, so many times I complain, feel as though I want more, am not grateful, become agitated, complain some more.  I find bad in the goodness that God has blessed me with.  That is so horrible.  I have so much to be thankful for!! I am trying to start each day remembering to COUNT MY BLESSINGS name them one by one. COUNT MY BLESSINGS to see what God has done!!

I am so thankful first and foremost for my beautiful, HEALTHY babies.  I was watching a St Jude commercial on Thanksgiving day and it brought me to tears.  I can not imagine the pain, the fear, and the sadness that parents of sick children must feel.  I pray daily that I will never have to experience such a heartache.  I am so thankful that as of today my babies are healthy, happy, and here on Earth for me to love on them.  What a wonderful loan from God they are.  I am reminding myself daily, even in the midst of tantrums and sleepless nights to thank God for the privilege to be their mother, and for the love I have for them.









I am thankful for my marriage.  My husband is nothing other than the rock that I lean on.  He is the person who holds me up when I feel like falling, and the person I turn to when I need advice.  He is a greater man than I should ever be blessed to call mine, and I do not show him near enough appreciation. I am so thankful to God for bringing him into my life, and for the love that we have for each other.


I am so thankful for my family and my in laws. God has blessed me with a loving, healthy support system, and I am so grateful for that. 

I have so many more things to be thankful for, and the list could go on and on.  My blessings far outweigh the negatives, and for that I am truly grateful and humbled!



Photography via amberbridgesstudio.com
Photobucket

1 comment:

Joeylee said...

super cute pictures!