Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mckinlee 9 Months

I have to admit I am slacking bad this month! I am not only late at posting about my baby girl turning 9 months, but I have also not taken her tu tu pictures. So, with that being said this post will just be of some random pictures of her from this month, and I will have to take her tu tu pictures later on.  

My sweet Mckinlee B, you are such a JOY at this stage of your life.  You have so much personality, are so sweet and perfect, and I love you more and more every day.  It is crazy to take in how fast this 9 months has come and gone, but I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. 

Mckinlee at 9 months:

Eating:  You are eating 3 meals a day, and you are still nursing 5-6 times a day for about 8 minutes each time.  Sometimes in the morning you will nurse longer, and I love having that time to cuddle you.  You are really starting to dislike pureed foods. For breakfast you still get cereal with a baby food. However, you are starting to resist.  I have tried putting small chunks of fruit mixed in your baby food and you really take to that.  You are getting a jar of baby food and table food for both lunch and dinner. You are starting to get better and better at feeding yourself. You always feed yourself for dinner while we eat, and then I give you a baby food as well.  You are such a big girl!


Sleeping: You have dropped your 3rd nap so you are down to 2 naps a day.  This is so different than Caleb because he still napped 3 times a day until he was 15 months.  You wake up around 8:30 and you go down for your morning nap from 10-11.  You then go down for your afternoon nap from 1-3, and you go to bed around 8:30/9.  You are still sleeping through the night in your own bed.

Size: You were 14 lbs 5 ounces last month, and your next appt is not until the beginning of December.  You are starting to outgrow your 0-3 month sleepers completely due to length.  You can still wear 0-3 month shirts but most of your clothes are size 6 or 6-9.  You are wearing a size 1 shoe, and a size 1 diaper (but I think we are getting ready to move to a 2).


Speech: Your speech has blown up this month.  Dada is an all time favorite.  You also say bababababa all the time, and you say mama a whole bunch. If I get out of your sight you crawl through the house saying "mamamamama".  You also call for me when you get upset, and when you first wake up.  You have also learned to say "Bye Bye" and wave your little hand when you do so.  Squealing is still your favorite form of speech. 

Exciting New Things:
  • You a really putting on an act if we tell you no.  If you hear the word no you immediately burst into tears and throw your head back and pout your lips.  DRAMATIC :)
  • You "play dead" now, or at least that is what I call it.  You will be crawling through the house and I will say something to you and smile. You immediately drop your entire body to the ground, lay your head down, and do not move for a minute.  It is hilarious!!
  • You are pulling up on everything and you have started cruising slowly along the furniture.
  • You are walking your feet like a pro when I hold onto your hands.
  • You climb out of your bumbo like it is nothing.
  • You crawl really fast behind Caleb to play with him.
  • You know where the toys are, and you will crawl into rooms to get them.
  • You love to play with matchbox cars.
  • You love looking at yourself in the mirror. You get so excited!
  • You are still very much attached to me 24/7.  You are usually pretty upset if you know I am there but I am not with you or holding you.
  • You pull up on the gate at the top of the stairs and squeal for daddy when he gets home. 
  • You are really taking a liking to drinking from a sippy. 
  • You pull your bows off constantly now.
  • You have no fear and try to crawl off furniture all the time.
  • You have climbed one step on your own.
  • You are impossible to dress/change.  You roll constantly and crawl away as fast as you can. Your teeny naked booty is to cute for words crawling away. 
  • You constantly crawl over to me and climb up to hold onto my legs.  Almost everything I do around the house is with you standing behind me holding on my legs. 
  • You laugh at Caleb all the time.
  • You do a little gasp when you laugh that is just precious.
  • Bath time is still an all time favorite, and you try to basically jump in the tub from my arms. 
You become more and more perfect every day. I love you more than I could ever express and I am so thankful for these 9 months I have had with you so far my sweet precious girl. 

Photobucket

No comments: