Monday, August 8, 2011

Mckinlee 6 Months

Sweet princess, you are a whole 1/2 year! Time is flying by! You are growing so fast, getting more and more of a personality, and I am falling deeper in love with you every day.

At 6 Months:

Eating: You are still nursing every 3 hours. You have also started solids, and you are doing great with them. You eat 2-3 servings of solids daily.  You have tried homemade bananas, peas, and applesauce, and jar carrots, sweet potatoes and bananas. So far you like everything besides carrots and cereal.  You will not even eat the cereal mixed with food.

Size: You are still tiny but long.  I will be sure to include your exact stats after you doctor appt.  You are wearing 0-3 and 3-6 months. You have moved up to a size 2 diaper. You have a little ghetto booty on you. 

Sleeping: You are still sleeping 8-6/7.  You are generally taking 1-2 2 hour naps daily and maybe one more short nap.  Naps are still up in the air. You are sleeping in your crib, and generally you fall asleep without to much of a fuss.  You only like your binky when you are trying to fall asleep.

Exciting New Things:
  • You can SIT!! You started one day shy of your 6 month bday.  You are still tripod sitting, but you are doing a great job.
  • You get up on all fours and rock! CRAZY!! I know you are going to be crawling so soon, and I am not ready for that. I do not want you to grow up, and I can only imagine what life will be like with 2 mobile children.
  • You push yourself backward when up on all fours, or you face plant.
  • You roll everywhere.
  • You have started belly laughing. Basically Caleb is the only one who can get you to do so.
  • Daddy holds you out and chases Caleb around the house and you die laughing!
  • You love eating your feet and fist.
  • You are still a mamas girl.  No one else compares to me (I love that).
  • You squeal all the time. It is so loud and high pitched but so cute.
  • You always grab my face while nursing and stare at me. I love that little bonding time.
  • You like to nurse my chin and cheeks.
  • You still only reach/dive for me, and I swear you are trying to give kisses.
  • You are starting to respond to your name.



Here is a video of your rocking.( Ignore the oily hair! Just trying to get rid of a little cradle cap! )

I love you sweet Princess!
Photobucket

No comments: