Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blah Day

Thankfully today was a snow day because this mama woke up feeling not so hot.  Hubster had a cold/sore throat last week, and I think that I have caught it.  As glorious as the snow day is, and the fact that I did not have to trample my 30 week sick pregnant body out this morning to go to work, but hubster plows and was gone all day (sorry for the run on).  Usually not a big deal because I am alone with Caleb all day all the time, but when you are feeling sick, it is hard to entertain a very active 16 month old.  I hate to admit it but I was the mama today who laid on the couch, with a blanket, with a messy house, and a toddler who played with toys on the floor in front of me almost all day.  Somehow I was able to pull my booty up to make him lunch, and wash our disgusting sheets.  However, the sheets have still not made it to the dryer because quite frankly I am to lazy and blah feeling.  I did however, try to address Christmas cards. I had the bright idea to give Caleb crayons and paper, and let him color while I addressed.  Yea, that worked for about 5 minutes.  That is until he realized that mama's pen looked a lot more fun than his crayons, and that my envelopes and pretty cards with the baby on them looked like fun as well.  Oh well, I tried to engage in some kind of early childhood educational activity today. 

On another note I am 30 weeks prego.  Can you believe it? I still can't.  I am only 2 months away, and little miss is still making herself known.  She woke me up last night because she was doing gymnastics all over my left side.  She is getting a little painful, and has taken up permanent residence in my ribs.  I am starting to get sciatic pain in the right side again, and sitting up for to long wears me out.  I don't have to much time to think about the pregnancy, but there are moments when it hits you.  I am also getting this awful rash on my boobs and back.  I am praying it is not the pregnancy rash that only goes away after delivery.  I start my every 2 week check ups tomorrow so this will be at the top of my list of questions for the doctor.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to travel this holiday season.  Every year hubby and I alternate who we spend Christmas with.  This year is with his family, but generally we go to my hometown afterward.  This will not happen this year because I will be past the cut off date of traveling more than an hour.  So, my fam is coming in town this Saturday, and I am going to cook a roast and have a little family Christmas up here. 

Sorry for the fact that there are still no pictures. We are hoping to get a new computer with Christmas money, and then rest assured you will have picture overload!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lea Liz said...

Bless your heart, it is hard being sick with a little one! Hope your feeling better soon!
I got the rash when I was pregnant with Brodu around 28 weeks and it was absoultly miserable, terrible, horrific. I really hope that's not what your getting!!!!!!!!
Can't believe your already 30 weeks!!