Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thankful Beyond Words

I have been very convicted lately.  I have been convicted about the time I spend with God, and about all the things I put before him.  I am attempting to get back into a close relationship with him, and to learn all that I can from him. 

Part of my conviction tonight comes from the fact that I am so thankful for what God has given me, and I feel as though I take my blessings for granted.  I feel as though I do not take the time to sit down and thank God enough for my family, my baby, my marriage, my health, my home, food etc etc etc.  I feel as though sometimes I put motherhood and daily life above God.  At times even blogging comes before diving into the word. 

I just understand that I am so so so lucky to have a perfect, growing, healthy baby to care for. Caleb's health and growth were so out of my control.  I literally just lived while God formed this perfect, healthy baby inside my womb.  He created his eyes, his healthy organs, his personality.  He is the reason I had a healthy pregnancy, that I was fertile to begin with, that I had a healthy and easy delivery, and the reason I have Caleb today.  It breaks my heart when I hear of stories of little ones who are sick, or who have passed away, or of women who can not conceive, or of women who almost died during labor.  I am so so so thankful to God for all of my blessings.  I do not need to take my blessings for granted just because I am on a moutaintop in life right now. 

Thank you God
  • for my baby. Thank you for his health, for his personality, for his love.  Thank you for keeping him healthy, and for allowing me to have him each day to hold. Do not let me take that for granted.
  • for my husband. He is so loving and loves to be with me.  Help me to take the time each day to appreciate him, and tell him how much he means to me.
  • for my family.  Thank you for the love they show me.  Thank you for the health of each one of them, and all they do and have done for me.
  • for my inlaws.  Thank you for allowing us to have a strong relationship.Thank you for all that they do for us.
  • for my friends. Thank you for old and new friends, and the relationships that have been built. 
  • for my church. Thank you for allowing us to find a place that made us feel at home. Thank you for the minister and how hubby and I both love hearing his messages.
  • for your son. Thank you for salvation. I did nothing to deserve it. Thank you for your power to forgive at all times.
  • for my pets. I love them so much :).
  • for my home. Though we have outgrown, and though we stress financially at times let me understand how blessed we are.
I want to be thankful at all times. Even on the mountaintop.  My prayer is that I will be consumed on this mountaintop with the love of God.  I want to overflow with his love once more.

"Yet you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you when I was a nursing infant.  I was thrust upon you at my birth.  You have been my God from the moment I was born". Psalm 22:9-10

"I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind he will accept.  When you think of what he has done for you, is it too much to ask? Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is" Romans 12:1-2



Photobucket

No comments: