Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lovely Blogger Thursday

This is Erin


Mother of Kyah


This weeks Lovely Blogger

I just love reading Erin's blog, The Williamson Family.  She has such an amazing birth story and testimony of God's love and power.  She is creative, funny, and so talented.  She is also the designer of my soon to be new blog look!! I am so excited. 

1. When and why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging in 2008 to keep family up-to-date on our lives. I knew that we were trying to conceive and I was hopeful that one day I would be able to blog about my pregnancy and our baby. I am happy to say that day has come and I am enjoying every minute of it. It's also fun to be able to look back and see what the last few years have brought our way. What's more amazing is to see how God worked in our lives and how He put everything in place for what He had planned for us. My blog has taken on many Topics, from Married Life, to Pregnancy, to Raising our son, and will now hold topics of either "Raising an Only Child", "Adoption" or possibly "Surrogacy" in the future.
2. What is your love story with you hubby? How did you meet, when did you get engaged?
Let's see.. I can give you the extra long version, the long version or the shorter-long version. Hmmm. I guess I'll go for the later since I would rather not bore anyone with my millions of details. My husband, Bryce and I met when I was 16 and he was 18... while working at PetSmart. I had always wanted to be a vet so my mother suggested that I apply for a job at the Pet Store to get some experience. Of course, being a Girly Teenager, I wanted to work at the Mall in a Clothes store. My mother and I had it out quite a few times and finally she demanded that I complete an application to PetSmart and see what happened. Without further ado, I gave in (had no choice really) and went to PetSmart. When I walked in, I spoke directly with the Store Director and asked for an application. I made the comment that I did NOT want to work there, but they kept pursing me with questions like; Are you in School? Can you work the late shift? When can you start? etc. In order to avoid anymore eye contact with the Manager I turned around to look behind me. There stood Bryce at one of the registers. I IMMEDIATELY turned back around and said "I can start tomorrow". The director laughed at me (as she knew why I had made such a quick decision) and said "Good. See ya Tuesday". Once I got in the doors I quickly realized that he was dating someone else that worked there. Talk about being bummed. After a few weeks and him splitting with his other girlfriend, I finally got enough courage to talk to him. And as shocking as this is... I was brave enough to tell him the reason that I accepted the job there. I told him that it was not because I wanted to work there, but because I saw him and HE was the only reason I worked there. He was shocked to say the least and sat there with a dazed look on his face. After a few minutes he asked me for my phone number and that we could "hang out" sometime. I remember thinking to myself that I didn't want to "hang out", I wanted to marry him. He called me on April 8th, 2001 and we have been inseparable since. After a few years of dating (being young and all), he Proposed to me at the Dallas Arboretum on November 21, 2003 (I was 19 years old). The following year on August 21, 2004 (I was 20 he was 23) we tied the knot on the same exact steps that he proposed to me on. It's pretty much been a Fairy-tale ever since.
3. What is your #1 must have, couldn't live without baby item?
Oh goodness, just one??? Well, besides the basics of all basics, I guess I would have to say that I couldn't live without the Bouncer. That thing has stood by my side and never let me down. In a perfect world I would never put him down and would snuggle with him at all times, but since we don't live in that world there were times that I had to sit him down. I would take it with me from room to room and place him in it while I went about dishes, shower, laundry, etc. That way he could see him and I could see him. Now it's used for him to watch his Baby Einstein in. That's about it. Poor thing is too big for it, but this Momma just doesn't want to accept it.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Just call me the "Hobby Queen". Here are a few of the Hobbies that keep my interest: Scraping, DIY Crafts/Projects, Painting (objects-not pictures), Decorating, Carpentry [I LOVE to build things], Blogging, Photography [for myself, not professionally], designing things on the computer [which I am still improving on daily], exercising, running a Play Group and I'm sure there are more that I just can't think of right now.
5. What is your daily schedule with your baby?
Right now we wake up around 7am (give or take) and enjoy time together while he takes his morning bottle. After about an hour to an hour and half he will lay back down for his morning nap. This nap usually lasts for about an hour but has been known to go as long as three hours. During this time I do my devotional and then housework or work on the computer. When Kyah wakes, we eat again (depending on the time) and play for 2 hours, though these days it seems that we are going about 3 hours before I lay him down for another nap. He usually only sleeps for about 2 hours and then wakes around 4pm and stays awake until bedtime at 8pm. During the time we run errands, play, etc. Some of the activities that take occupy our playtime are: The Jumper-Roo, Floor Time, Tummy Time, Standing, Sitting, Rocking, Reading, Swing (when he will sit in it), alone time in his crib for quite playtime, and 2-3x a week we watch Baby Beethoven (Baby Einstein). Now that he is getting older and requires more time to occupy Mommy is having to get creative and will be switching things up a little bit here in the next few weeks.
6. What is your #1 piece of advice for a new momma?
Unfortunately I have more than just 1 that I would like to share. When I was pregnant I was given lots of advise as I am sure every pregnant woman is. Some of the best advice that I have found to be true (and apply to me) are the following:
- God gives you what you NEED. This pertains to the fact that I wanted a girl and not a boy. Turns out, my little angel couldn't be anymore perfect for our family and we are thankful everyday for God blessing us with a little boy. I couldn't imagine my life without him!
- You can't mess up. Babies know only what you do. They have no one to compare you too and are perfectly content with everything you do. They love you for being you and for loving them.
- "This too shall pass".
- That each baby is different and unique. They do not develop exactly the same nor at the same pace and this REALLY is OK.
- Moms know their baby best. Trust your instincts.
7. If you could give your baby one piece of advice to remember forever, what would it be?
If I could give just one piece of advice, it would be that he truly listen for the Lord in all that he does. To read His word and to trust in Him. That to us, is the most important thing out of everything. That he will come to know, love and follow Jesus.
8. List your Top 5 Daily blogs to read with URL addresses.
The Laughlin's: http://the-laughlins.blogspot.com/
Living with Lindsay: http://www.livingwithlindsay.com/
Her Womb, Our Hearts: http://gapbaby.blogspot.com/
The Campbell Family: http://www.campbellfamilypartyof3.com/
Life in the Fun Lane: http://www.inthefunlane.com/
9. Favorite store to buy baby clothes?
Ha, I have a boy. I hate to say it, but no matter where I shop they are limited on the selection. However, if I had to choose one store that I would buy boy clothes from, it would be Baby Gap. However, the more savvy side of me votes for the Consignment Store.
10. Favorite Bible Verse?
Really, I like the book of Romans. My favorite however is: Romans 12:3-8
3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his[a]faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
I like how it points out that every living human in this world has at least ONE of the 7 God Given gifts.
Prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, giving, leadership or mercy. I encourage you to find the one that best suits you and fall in love with the idea that God gave you that gift(s) and that you can use it to Glorify him.

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I follow Erins blog. She is such a crafty, fun, great, religious, wonderful mommy.

Kimberly said...

I follow her blog!! I am going to check out the blogs she follows! Can't wait to see the new blog she makes for you!