Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Curly Dude

What happens when you take this......

Mixed with this.......


I am talking about our hair.  My entire life I have struggled with the blessing curse of curly hair.  People are always walking up to me and telling me that they love my curls, and that they wish they could have hair like mine! HAAA.  When you have curly hair you understand how hard it is to control, style etc etc etc. I have always been envious of people with silky straight hair who can jump out of the shower, fall asleep, and wake up the next morning with perfect locks.  Anyway...my hubby too has been blessed with curly hair. However, on his part it really is a blessing.  As you can see from the pic above when I first met my man he had shaggy, curly, beautiful locks! I loved loved loved his hair. In fact, I almost cried when he cut it.  Since we both have curly hair we had said that it would take a miracle for our child to have straight hair, and Caleb did not experience that miracle.  When he was first born his hair was straight but not anymore.  His hair is beginning to get that curly out of control texture, and it does some hilarious things at times. When he wakes up or rubs his head against you his hair goes crazy and curls curls curls.  Oh well, I am kind of excited to have a little curly, shaggy haired toddler one day. 

3 comments:

Lea Liz said...

I'm the same way about my curly hair.. I always wanted pretty straight hair!! Did you lose alot of curl in your hair while pregnant?? I DID!!

AHH he will be so cute with little curly locks, I love it!

Abby said...

I'm one of those people jealous of your curls! My hair has ZERO volume. Both of you are dolls! Can't wait to see with Caleb looks like!

Lea Liz said...

I left you an award on my blog!