Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Trip Home

Last week the kids and I traveled to my hometown for a few days to visit.  We had such a great time seeing everyone!

Caleb and Paw made pizza together one night for dinner


The kids loved playing outside with paw.

We celebrated Caleb's birthday again with doughnuts.  He made us sing to him and blow out the candles at least 10 times.

My dad took Caleb to "work" one day with him, and he came home with a paycheck :).  My dad also took him to see the new Ice Age movie, but about 1/2 way through Caleb decided it was time to leave.

We traveled to a state park one day to go to the water park and go hiking.  Caleb swam backwards "just like paw", and Kinlee went down her first water slide. They both loved hiking, and Mckinlee had to stop and hug every tree she saw.  It took us a long time to walk with her stopping every foot, hugging a tree, and saying "ahh".  Caleb stepped in a mud puddle and screamed like a little girl, he hates getting dirty haha.



This view always stops me in my tracks.  It floods me with memories of childhood, dreams of life, and the love that surrounds me when I am back between those mountains.  This place will forever feel like home!





A few more random shots from grammy's house. Whenever I am in town we have to have Hardees for breakfast, because we do not have one where we live.  It is right up there with eating gravy and biscuits.  The kids share in my love!


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

how beautiful! not sure where your home town is from but it is gorgeous!