Monday, March 26, 2012

Our Trip to the Mountains

This past week the kiddos and I traveled to my hometown.  It was an adventure to say the least flying solo with two small children, but it was great to visit with everyone from home.  All I can say is thank God for the amazing weather, and parks...I don't know how we would have survived without them.

The first night back home I met up with some old high school friends to attend Legally Blonde the musical.  Brit's sister did an amazing job!!! While I was at the play papaw took Caleb to see The Lorax in 3D and out for ice cream.  He was in heaven.  Little Miss however, had a time to say the least.  Mckinlee as I have mentioned before is a mama's girl.  I mean a MAMA's girl. Especially when she is in an unfamiliar place.  I was really hoping I could get by with leaving her with my grandmother that night, but the poor thing was so upset. My grammy said she cried on and off for about 3 hours. They were finally able to get her to stop crying and play, but I felt horrible.  I should have just taken her with me to the play. I was greeted with this poor face after 11 pm...usual bedtime 8 pm.

She decided that sleep was not going to happen that night, and she and I were up all night long.  The next day she fought her nap for over 2 hours, and I was about to pack up and head home...I don't do well if my children do not sleep.  However, after that nap she went down without fussing and slept like a champ.  Praise the Lord.

Once the sleeping nightmare was over we were able to enjoy our time. We went out to dinner, visited with friends, and spent a lot of time playing in the park with Paw and Grammy.  Somehow I did not get any good pictures of the kids with Grammy....we will have to fix that next time.  We cooked out one night at the park, and spent one night eating at Paw's house. The kids had a blast, and Caleb loved every minute of it.









Grammy and Paw came to our house this weekend so the kids got to enjoy them more.  We also went out to eat for Grandpa G's birthday Saturday night and Caleb was able to build his own pizza.  He loved it, but was very distraught when the waitress took the pizza to cook it.  Miss Mckinlee had fun throwing her food and saying "No!....No!"....she is such a stinker!! It was a great week/weekend, and
tomorrow we are back to reality. 







 
Photobucket

No comments: