Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Girls Trip

Over the weekend Mckinlee and I took off on a girls trip to see some old college friends. My friend Chelsea is expecting a baby boy next month, and she was having her shower this past weekend.  This was the first time that I have left Caleb for more than one night, and it was also the first time I have been that far away from him. However, I knew that having both children in the car by myself for that long would not be a pleasant experience, and that Caleb would have so much more fun here. I did miss him terribly, but he and I both had great weekends. 

Mckinlee and I headed off to Illinois on Thursday to spend the night with my college friend Erin.  She and her hubby just purchased their first home, and I was so excited to see it.  It is just the cutest.  They are doing a lot of renovations on it, and I know it is going to be perfect when they are finished. That night we just hung out at her house, ate dinner, fought with the pack n play, and went to bed.

The next morning we loaded up in Erin's car, and we traveled to Michigan.  The entire trip we kept hitting construction, and bundle is not the happiest in the car, but we made it, and it was so much fun to be reunited  with old friends.  We all went to dinner that night, and then we just hung out at Chelsea's apartment that night.

The next day we traveled to St Pete's beach. We ate, and we walked around, and then we headed to the beach to lay out. Lake Michigan in gorgeous!!!! It was bundles first trip to the beach, and her and Declan were just oh so cute. That night we hung out at Chelsea's, ate dinner, and later filled up on doughnuts and wine :).




Sunday was the shower, and Chelsea looked so cute. Our table dominated the games, and we all took home a prize.  After the shower it was time to say goodbye :(.  The weekend passed to quickly. 

I assure you bundle could breath, and he face was not covered up.  

Mckinlee and I spent the night in Illinois Sunday night, and then we headed back Monday. We made a pit stop in Indy to see Beth, and then we came home to get little man! I was so excited to get my hands on him!!
Photobucket

No comments: