Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mckinlee 4 Months

When did my newborn start growing up? I am so amazed at how much faster time is flying by with my second child.  It is breaking my heart into a million pieces.  I just do not have enough time in the day to take in all the sweet innocence of my little bundle, and it tears me up inside.  She is growing growing growing before my very eyes, and  I am already missing that sweet newborn stage. 

Mckinlee this month you have become such a little personality.  You are the sweetest little princess in the world, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be your mama. 

Mckinlee at 4 Months:

Sleeping:  You are still a great sleeper.  You take a nap every 1 1/2-2 hours daily.  You generally sleep for an hour each time.  You are going to bed at 8 now, and you are waking up around 5:30-6 to eat.  You have started waking up a little earlier, but I think it is due to the 4 month growth spurt/sleep regression.  You generally fall back to sleep for about an hour after your morning feeding.

Eating:  You are still eating every three hours.  You eat from one side each time.  You are still so tiny, and seem to be perfectly content with just my milk.  Your brother started cereal at 4 months, but I honestly do not think you are ready yet.  You take a bottle of breast milk before bed, and you are taking about 5-6 ounces for that feeding.

Size: You are still teeny.  You have your 4 month appt today, so I will be sure to add your stats. I am guessing you are maybe 12 lbs?  You are still wearing size 0-3, and 3 month clothing. Some 3-6 fits you.  You can still not keep a size 0 shoe on. You are wearing a size 1 diaper.  You are so so so petite, so different from your chunky monkey brother, but I love it.

Exciting New Things:
  • You laugh out loud now. 

  • You coo all the time
  • You have started to squeal when you get really excited
  • You try to climb out of your bumbo
  • You roll from belly to back all the time, and you have rolled from back to belly one time.
  • You still get upset when I am not holding you.
  • You try to eat everything now.  everything that touches your hands goes straight to your mouth.
  • Every time I try to clip your fingernails you try to eat my hands.
  • You move all over the floor and your bed. I find you in the weirdest position.
  • To roll over you bring your knees in and push yourself over instead of using your arms.
  • You smile at everyone.
  • You are still a belly sleeper.
  • Your acid reflux is basically non existent now
  • Your hair is so curly now
  • If you hear my voice you will look all around until you find me.
  • You think Caleb is hilarious.
  • You really do not fuss often unless someone else besides mama is holding you.
  • You do great falling asleep on your own.
  • You will only take your binky while you sleep, and sometimes in the car.
  • You HATE riding in the car. You scream the entire time.  We are driving to Michigan in a few weeks so it should be interesting.
  • You can hold your own bottle now. 
  • You do not like to cuddle to fall asleep. You would much rather be in your bed. This saddens me at times, because I just want to hold you and take in your sweet babyhood.  
  • You still love to be carried in my sling.  



You are growing up way to fast my sweet girl.  l love you to pieces. 
Photobucket

No comments: