Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mckinlee 2 Months

Let me just begin by stating that the first week of each month is hard on this mama. I literally have one day in between my babies growing another month older each month, and that is hard on the heart.  Lil miss bundle turned 2 months on April 6.  A whole two months.  Given she is still an itty bitty, and she is still as tiny as a newborn, but she is growing up way to fast :(.  I am trying to take in my lil baby as much as possible.  It is so bittersweet the second time around.  You realize how each moment is so fleeting, and it is a moment in time you will never have back.  I find myself gazing from her to Caleb daily and shaking my head in awe.  It seems like only yesterday I was holding him at 2 months :(. 

Bundle at 2 months you are:

Eating:  You are eating about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  You start your day at 6:30 and take one side, and then around 9 you take the other side.  Throughout the rest of the day you eat from both sides. Around 7-9 you are crazy hungry and you will eat from me from both sides before bath, and then after bath you will take a 4 1/2 ounce bottle of breast milk before bed.  You are no longer eating in the middle of the night!! woo hoo. 


Sleeping:  You are a GREAT sleeper.  I think you are in the middle of a huge growth spurt right now because you will seriously sleep all day. I sometimes have to wake you to feed you right now.  You try to fight your naps at times, but if I lay you on your belly, give you your binky, and turn on Scout you will generally drift off without much fussiness.  You are now sleeping in your crib. The first night was a little rough, but now you seem to really enjoy it.  I have even gotten you to sleep on your back one night in it.  You still hate to be swaddled so I use a sleep sack on you at night, and you seem to enjoy it.  You are sleeping from 10-6:30 each night. You will sometimes fuss a little around 3 still, but if I give you your binky and pat your back you stop and fall back to sleep. 


Size:  2 weeks ago at your doctor appt you weighed 8 14.  We go this week for your 2 month check up and shots so we will get the stats then. You are still able to fit into your newborn clothes, but we are basically wearing them all for the last times. 0-3 month are starting to fit you well, and you can finally keep socks on your feet.  You are wearing a size 1 diaper. 

Exciting New Things:
  • You love to smile.  Anytime you are awake you will smile at anyone and everyone who will talk to you.  So sweet.
  • You are cooing now, and it melts my heart.
  • You have such great head strength and control.  You will sit and just look around and hold your head up so well.
  • You actually love tummy time, and I think it is because you like to sleep on your tummy.
  • You will sit in your swing now without fussing.
  • You have slowed down on the pooping and I am thankful for that.
  • You always squeeze my side when I nurse you.
  • You really notice what is going on around you now.
  • You will let others hold you without fussing as much now. 
  • You love to be carried around in my ring sling or moby. You will sleep the entire time you are in them.
  • You are a great shopper.
  • Your eyelashes have really started to grow. They are long like Caleb's.
  • The curl in your hair really comes out after bath. It is as curly as grammys.  I do not know how I feel about the fact that you will probably have curly curly hair. Oh well, you will rock it.
  • You still have the longest toes ever.
  • Your cry is so short and cute. You only cry hard when you are hungry.
  • You are particular about what you like, but you are such a good baby. 

I love you so much my sweet princess.  You have changed my world for the better, and I fall more and more in love with you every day. 

Photobucket

No comments: