Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This Easter Weekend was one of the best that I can remember.  Holidays sure do mean a lot more to you when you can enjoy them through the eyes of a child.  I am so thankful to serve a risen Saviour who has blessed me with more love than I could have ever dreamed.

Saturday we had a Easter cookout planned with my mama group.  I love my mama group, and I am so thankful for the friendships I have made through it.  Before the cookout we ventured to meet the Easter bunny, and proceeded to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes in line, in the middle of a tornado warning.  Caleb was great in line and Mckinlee slept.  Caleb kept pointing to the bunny and said that he wanted to sit with him, but once we got up there this is the picture we got...
After the bunny we arrived to the cookout a little past fashionably late, but it was so much fun.  We had planned to have an Easter egg hunt outside, but due to the weather the festivities were pushed indoors.  Caleb was a egg hunting champ.  He caught on the idea right away, and he would hoard as many eggs as possible. I think he had four in his arms at one time.  Mckinlee enjoyed sleeping through the egg hunt.

Sunday morning Caleb discovered that the Easter Bunny had made a visit to our house.

He was in love with the cozy coupe that the Bunny found an excellent deal on ;).  (Can we say 20 dollars!!).  That was it for him.  He could have cared less about what was in his basket.

  We planned to attend the 10:30 service, but we made it to the noon service instead.  Caleb refused to stay in the nursery again, and we actually made it with both babies through almost the entire sermon.  Mckinlee started getting fussy so Nick took her out. When he did Caleb proceeded to yell "Daaa Daaa Daa".  I gave him a book to keep him quiet but he proceeded to say "Woof" for the dog "kitty" "mmmm" for grapes, and "fish".  I decided to go ahead and take him out, and when he saw me packing up our stuff he stood up in the chair and started waving bye bye to the entire church.  It was hilarious.  After church we did a little photo shoot, well Mckinlee did.  Caleb would not get out of his car.

When I tried to get Caleb to take a pic this is what happened...

We then headed to Nick's parents house for Easter dinner and another egg hunt.  His family always has a big get-together and his grandpa makes the most amazing bbq ever.  Caleb and Mckinlee each got an Easter basket there as well, and Caleb LOVED the egg hunt!

 It was a little chilly so lil miss did not come outside. I just realized we never got a picture with all four of us :(. 

Mckinlee and her cousin Peyton...he is 2 weeks younger than her! haha She is so tiny.

It was a wonderful Easter!!
Photobucket

No comments: