Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Blah Day

So, Kinlee and I were out and about yesterday when we got a call from Caleb's preschool telling us that he was running a fever, and saying that he felt like he needed to throw up.  (insert mama sigh).  I just knew it was the flu.  We had actually kept Caleb out of school on Tuesday because he had a runny nose and cough, and I wanted to make sure it didn't turn into anything.  He never ran a fever so I thought it was just sinuses.  I was wrong.  When I went to pick him up he was sitting on a stool in the pre school bathroom, hugging the toilet and his teacher was reading him books.  Can I just take a moment and brag on his teachers.  How sweet and thoughtful was that.  They were sure to tell me exactly what his temp was, when he started feeling bad, and even proceeded to tell me that his stomach was hotter than his head. I could tell they had really checked him out, and I appreciated that.  I took Kinlee to my mother in law and then Caleb and I headed to the doctor.  He was so out of it and tired at the doctor, and did not protest anything except the nose swab to check for the flu.  Flu test was negative, but he has pneumonia AGAIN!! ugh.  Just in the left lung and the doctors think we caught it early.  Today he woke up fever free, and his energy was back, so I think the antibiotics are helping.

We have just been playing at the house today since he is sick. Tonight Kinlee starts dance class, and I am excited to take her to that, but other than that it is a chill day. We enjoyed playing with some play dough, and the kids had a morning bath followed by a snack of strawberries, cheese, and frozen peas.  My kids love some frozen peas.  They are blissfully napping now, and I am trying to organize my ever expanding to do list.




This week Kinlee also sported her first pony tail for nursery time at church.  I have joined a Beth Moore study while Caleb attends Awana and I love it.  Kinlee did great and only cried for 5 minutes. Hallelujah!


Sweet Landon also had his first open heart surgery.  He did great, and they are slowly weaning him from the ventilators and machines.  They are going to start waking him up tomorrow, so say some prayers for this sweet boy.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vous venez d'acheter un nouvel ordinateur portable, ne sais pas s'il existe un moyen de prendre des signets Firefox à partir de vieux portable à un ordinateur portable neuf .. . Merci ..