Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Eve

After we finished celebrating with my family we drove 3 1/2 hours back home to celebrate with Nick's family.  We always celebrate with his moms side on Christmas Eve, and this year was extra special because Santa was making an appearance.  Doodles Entertainment, graced us with their presence, and it was so sweet.  Mrs. Claus even joined.  They read The Night Before Christmas, and Santa told the Nativity story. The kids were then allowed to sit on Santa's lap to tell him what they wanted, and to pose for a picture. He was the sweetest Santa, and he told every kid that sat on his lap "You know God loves you right? He sent his Son Jesus because he loves you, and that is why we have Christmas".  So sweet.  I loved the way he connected Santa and Jesus.  I had no idea that was part of his services, but I was so thrilled with it.  My kids refused to go near him, so I have no picture of them with him.  I thought after their last experience that it might be best not to push it.

The rest of the evening was spent hanging out with family, eating, and the kids exchanged their gifts.  After it was all said and done, we came home, and put Kinlee to bed.  It was super late but we let Caleb put cookies and milk out for Santa on the plates and cups he had decorated. We also scattered reindeer food on the lawn for the reindeer to enjoy.  We then snuggled with Caleb, read the Night Before Christmas, and the Nativity story.  He loves acting out the Nativity Story with his manger set that Meemaw bought him, so we did that about 4 times as well.  We finally got him to bed, and Nick and I were up until after 2 am setting up everything.

The only picture I have of the evening

Photobucket

No comments: