Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Funday

I have been truly making an effort lately to take in my children, and enjoy playing with them.  I know this may seem silly, but I feel as though I always have a million distractions pulling me all over the place.  House cleaning, laundry, cell phones, friends etc.  Today I vowed to just be in the moment, and I am so glad I did. 

Thankfully today was beautiful out.  We needed it after this blah weather.  Once breakfast was complete I changed the kids to play outside and outside we went.  First on the agenda was finger painting outside.  The boys love to finger paint, but this was Mckinlee's first experience.  She was so excited.  The girl loves to get her hands dirty (so unlike me). 



Finger painting turned into booty painting :)

After their artwork was complete we played with play dough outside.  I recently bought a play dough toy set at a consignment sale for 2 dollars, and the kids loved it.  This was another first for Mckinlee, and I was very proud of her. She loved to smash it, and put it in the containers and dump it out again, but never once tried to eat it. 


By this point it was hot out, and the water play began.  My kids love anything and everything water, and they played in the water table for over and hour.  They enjoyed dumping the water and jumping in puddles.  I joined in on that adventure as well.  They watered the grass, and dumped water on each other.  They then started "washing" their car and bikes. This was a huge hit!!


This morning was a great time, which resulted in hungry kids who ate a great lunch, and sleepy eyes for nap.  I also grew this morning.  I learned to just "be in the moment", cut out the distractions, and enjoy this fleeting time with my kids.  I am so excited for our afternoon adventures once they awake!






Photobucket

No comments: