Monday, April 9, 2012

Lead Me to the Cross

Friday night my little family and I visited a local church for an Easter Musical.  Growing up my church always put on a big performance for Easter and Christmas, and I was looking forward to attending one again.  We had both children in attendance with us, and I was hoping that the music and performance would be enough to keep their attention, and it was, but miss Mckinlee was WILD.  She was clapping, bouncing, dancing, and squealing in my lap, and she was making my arms sooo tired!! After about 20 minutes of this I decided to let her stand in the aisle beside me.  She stood for a few minutes, danced and watched the performance, and then God spoke to me through my sweet baby girl in an awesome way. 

Jesus came on the stage to bring the dead boy back to life, and my sweet baby girl who does not walk, let go of the aisle, and started walking towards Jesus. She was moving as fast as her little legs could carry her, arms stretched out with a smile on her face.  I of course had to grab her and pull her back, but oh what those few steps toward her Lord taught her mama. 

My baby got it. She knew out of character on the stage that JESUS was the most important one. She let go of all her fears and inabilities and walked toward the Lamb of God. She didn't care that she was unstable on her feet, and still learning to walk. She let go, and trusted in the Lord, which is something her mama hasn't done whole heatedly in a long time. So many times I try to fix situations, I try to make excuses, I do not run to the Father with arms outstretched saying "take me as I am, take this situation as it is, I trust in you". It's amazing how God can take the smallest of chaotic moments and stir up a revival in your heart. I am so thankful to God for teaching me in that moment. I am so thankful for my sweet girl who openly embraced the love of Jesus, and I am so grateful for Easter and the gift of Jesus. It is my prayer that as my children grow I can teach them to keep that same faith. It is my prayer that I can be a good example to them of trusting in God. It is also my prayer that if I start to forget to trust that God will teach me through my children as he did Friday night.





Photobucket

No comments: