- "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
- "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
- "A person's a person, no matter how small."
- "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
- "I meant what i said and i said what i meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!"
- "You're off to Great Places! Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!"
- "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"
- "Only you can control your future."
- "I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."
- "You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left."
- "The storm starts, when the drops start dropping
When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping."
- "Just tell yourself, Duckie, your real quite lucky."
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Lessons From Seuss
I love love love Dr. Seuss books. I love how all of his books in a silly kind of way have a life lesson within, and I love reading those lessons to my babies. In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday I thought I would write down a few of my favorite Seuss lessons for my wee little ones to remember.