Thursday, February 19, 2015

Paxton's FIrst Birthday


We celebrated Paxton's first birthday the day after Mckinlee's party.  Having two babies 1 week apart is not something I would recommend.  Party planning was exhausting, and by the end of the weekend I felt as though I had ran a marathon.  However, Paxton's party came together great, and he seemed to really enjoy himself.  He was in a happy mood the entire time, ate some of his cake, and allowed anyone and everyone to hold him.  I would call that a first birthday success.

We did an "Our Little Wildcat" theme.  My sister, a DUKE fan, told me "that was the worst idea I ever had".  However, I figured UK blue was an easy theme, and some décor items we will be able to use again.  My sister made a basketball smash cake, I ordered cupcakes from SAMS, we had some appetizers, and minimal décor.  I made sure that I had a photo book at the entrance for family and friends to sign (I have done this for all three kids).  I didn't go as above and beyond as I have previously for birthdays, but it was stress free, and our guests enjoyed themselves. 

The banner was purchased at Hobby Lobby and then my friend Brittney painted his name. 

My mother in law made the wreath, the banner, and the flags.




My husband made the KY sign. 

Paxton was not as into his cake as Mckinlee was, but he liked it more than Caleb did.  Once he figured out what it was he enjoyed eating it.  We had to finish with a bath, so that was a success.

 
 







He mostly received gift cards so we only opened a few presents. 

I wasn't great at taking photos.  I loved having a photographer at Mckinlee's first for that reason.  I missed getting photos of him with Nick and I, and him with various family members.  It is what it is at this point, but I am disappointed. 


All in all it was a great party though!

Paxton, I can not believe that you are already one.  It just doesn't seem possible.  My memory of your birth/first week, is still so fresh. I literally feel like it was yesterday.  You my boy are the sweetest little thing. You are so calm, so laid back, so loving.  You kiss me, hug me, and pat my back while you squeeze me daily.  I love it.  You dance on que now, love to wave hi and bye bye, do so big, will raise one finger if we ask you how old you are, shake your head no, and crawl.  You walk behind your walker like a pro, and love to pull up/cruise around everything.  You have four teeth now, with two more trying to break through.  You say dada and mama.  You love Caleb and Mckinlee.  You have started laughing at them so hard whenever they are around now.  You are so perfect. I literally can not get enough of you, and I never want you to grow.  You have the cutest smile, and the most adorable "stinker" face.  Goodness I love you bud! I pray that you will be an amazing man one day. A man among men.  A follower of God, a leader for your family, an amazing husband, and that you will experience the joy of fatherhood.  I pray that God blesses you with health, and enough money to not worry. I pray that you always understand why you are on Earth, and that you chase after your dreams.  However, for right now, I will hold you, snuggle you, smother you with kisses, and wish for you to never grow up.  I know you will be an amazing man, but for right now you are my sweet, loving, cuddly one year old boy, and I am so blessed to be yours.

Love Mommy




Photobucket

No comments: