Thursday, January 8, 2015

A New Year, A New Start

I am finally caught up on the blog, and I feel as though I am ready to start blogging about daily life again.  I have missed doing so.  I will probably not blog every day, but I am going to try to make a weekly commitment.  I miss it. I know I will also regret not having this time recorded.  I love looking back on past posts, and I don't want to stop now. 

With that being said.  Our first week of January was a lot of fun.  School started back, we had friends visit, we had some fun outings.  So far this year is off to a great start.

School started back on Tuesday, and after school Caleb was in tears.  He told me that 2 of his friends had been mean to him, and that he played by himself most of the day.  I can tell you right now that the mama bear in me came out. I wanted nothing more than to cuss some bratty kids out, but instead we had a talk about how kids can be mean.  I told him that it is more fun to play with kids that treat us nice, and that maybe he should try to distance himself from the kids that hurt his feelings.  (it was a hard parenting moment).

To cheer everyone up we went to the museum with the Pickett's.  The kids had a blast.




While Caleb was at school on Wednesday the two younger ones and I went to the library.  We met some friends there and attended a story time.  It was a nice relaxing activity that kept us out of the frigid weather.


There is not much else to report this week.  I am currently deep cleaning/lysoling every inch of the house in an attempt to keep sickness at bay.  The kids are becoming used to their afternoon bath time, and vitamins are being given.  Here is to hoping we can remain healthy. 

I am also in the process of planning Mckinlee and Paxton's birthday celebrations. They will both be on the same weekend.  #joysofclosebirthdays #notjoystress. Hopefully they will get more than a cupcake each :). 

Photobucket

No comments: