Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Days


We are here.  Still figuring out this new world with three children and loving every second.  Paxton turned 6 weeks today.  6 whole weeks.  That is insane to me.  How quickly the weeks/years pass will never stop blowing my mind.  6 weeks as a pregnant woman feels like an eternity, and as a new mom it literally passes within the blink of an eye. 

Paxton is still amazing, sweet, and so so easy.  I think he has the award as my easiest baby.  I didn't think it was possible to beat Caleb, but I think he has.  He is currently 10 lbs 6 ounces, only wakes up one time at night to feed, generally eats every 3-4 hours and never cries.  Literally he will fuss for all of 2 point five seconds, and the second you pick him up he stops.  He rarely even cries when he is hungry.  He loves to grunt...that is more of his form of communication.  He is smiling all the time now, and it melts my heart.  The first smiles will always be one of the best moments of parenthood. 

Look at those rolls!!! LOVE! 





The bigs are still here and still growing up on me.  Caleb is such a sweet big brother. The other day I was getting them ready for school, and Paxton wanted to be held.  While I was getting Kinlee dressed Caleb went over to him and started singing "If you are happy and you know it".  He was clapping Paxton's hands and all.  Caleb NEVER sings, so this was the sweetest thing ever.  He looked at me and said, "mom he is so calm whenever he sees me".  Melt my heart.  He loves to hold him, talk to him, and show him off to his friends.
 



 

Mckinlee loves him as well.  She is kind of over holding him, probably because he is already half her size.  She loves to talk to him and sing to him though.  She continues to keep us laughing.  The other day I was nursing and she was being really really quiet.  I asked her what she was doing and she came around the corner looking like this....
He reasoning, "I just wanted some tattoos".  Oy vey.....that girl. 


Caleb impressed me with his math knowledge the other day.  He was playing basketball and he said, "I have this many points. 2 and 2 and 2 and 1..that makes 7.  7 points".  Why yes son..yes it does.  I was impressed. He is also able to write his entire last name now from memory.  I was impressed because our last name is not a short one.  I guess I might as well face that he is growing up on me. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

precious pictures! Paxton is adorable! how Is the new place? please blog about it soon!