Friday, March 14, 2014

Mckinlee Three Years Old

Sweet Mckinlee-

I can barely believe that you are already three.  THREE! You are literally growing up before my eyes, and it breaks my heart how fast time is fleeting.  You are such a hilarious little person.  You have a personality that keeps me laughing, second guessing, and praying 24/7.  You are strong willed, opinionated, loving, hilarious, fearless, wild, whiney, brave, social, a performer, a dancer, a singer and all around amazing.  I can't even find the words to describe who you are at this age.  You are you, and you have been from day one. 

You have recently started preschool, and you love it.  You walked right in without a tear on your first day, and you haven't looked back since.  This experience has really allowed you to embrace children your own age, and that has helped with your attitude around some of your friends.  Yes, my dear, you have an attitude at times.  You know what you want, and you want it when you want it, and sometimes it is really hard to reason with you.  We are working on using our words, cutting out the whining and trying to be patient...... You hear "be patient" so often that you now tell us to "be patient" all the time. 

You love to perform right now.  Daily you will climb on the coffee table and say "Hey everybody! You wanna hear my song? OKAY"...you will then bust into a song and dance combo that is so freaking adorable I can hardly stand it.  You are often hilarious with your dance choices, and have brought us to tears multiple times.  At the end of your performance, you will close your eyes and bow...every time....I melt!

You became a big sister recently, and you have actually taken to the role much better than I thought you would.  You love Paxton, and you love to hold him, kiss him, and help with him.  You really haven't been jealous.  I am very proud of your for that. 

You and brother play constantly. I love that you are each other's best friend.  You guys are constantly running around the house, in some make believe world, and I love to just sit back and listen to your imaginations run wild. 

You are sleeping in a big girl bed, in your big girl room.  You inform me daily that you need Princess's on your walls, so we are working on that one.  The other day I realized that you had colored on your wall with purple crayon. I asked you why you did that and your response was..."Because I like that color, and I want my walls to be purple"....Yes. That is your personality in a nutshell.  I find myself sitting and shaking my head multiple times a day.  Your personality scares me to death, but makes me want to pick you up and kiss you to death at the same time.  I love that you have such a strong personality, but often times I find myself questioning how to parent you. So, bare with me throughout life sweet one. We are in this together, and I promise I am doing the best I can.

In terms of discipline, I have learned if I give you an inch you take a mile.  We have had a lot of trouble with you not listening lately, so I have had to force myself to follow through with everything I ask you to do. Even if it is something as simple as pick up a toy. If you don't listen I have to follow through and make you pick it up.  It seems to be helping.  Fingers crossed and prayers going up. 

This Kinlee-ism has me praying for the future.....

Kinlee loves the song "what does the fox say". Generally I will play a game with her asking what different animals say and she will answer to the tune of the song. Today I asked her "what does kinlee say", her responses "kiss me kiss me boys....and give me money give me money boys"....... To say we are in trouble with this one is an understatement!!!

You have a little boy in your class that kisses you. The other day Caleb told you not to kiss that boy at school, and you responded with "I will.....haha". 

To say the least, you keep me on my toes. However, I would not want to spend, nor could I imagine a single day without you in my life. I love you so much my sweet baby girl.  You are beautiful, perfect, and I am so blessed to be your mother.  Here is the year three. May it go by slow, and be filled with love and laughter.



















photos by ic photography
Photobucket

No comments: