Monday, April 15, 2013

Sandy

Today has been a fun day with the kiddos, and for that I am grateful.  We have only had one tantrum, which is a MIRACLE, and I have enjoyed watching them play and have fun.

This morning we first headed to the local library to meet with Caleb's speech therapist.  The kids were able to play a little before she arrived, and Mckinlee and I read books while Caleb met with her.  I was so excited because she told me that he scored a 100% today with his G and F sounds.  She said that she is re-submitting his data this week, and she truly thinks he is no longer going to qualify for speech therapy! I am so happy about that. When we first began this process Caleb was thought to have a speech disability, but here we are 6 months later, and he is scoring 100's.  His speech has improved so much over the past few months.  He is still difficult to understand at times, but most kids are, and he is talking our ears off.


After speech the kids played a little bit longer at the library, and then we checked out tons and tons of books.  I love to let the kids go through the library and just pick any book they want to check out.  We keep the books in a basket in Caleb's room, and every night before bed the kids go and pick a few to read.  We either snuggle up on the couch or in my bed and read them all.  Kinlee loves to prance back and forth from the basket to the reading spot saying "My Book".

I had initially planned to return home after the library, but I decided that since we were out we should just head to Otterville.  It was not crowded at all, and the kids had so much fun.  Caleb even colored his first connect the dots coloring page, and it turned out great.  He did it all by himself.











Since it was pretty we played outside a lot at Otterville.  The kids really enjoyed playing in the sand.  I am now on a mission to find big trucks like this for Caleb.  He was in heaven scooping the sand with the bulldozer, and pouring it into the dump truck.  If anyone knows where I can find some for a good deal, let me know!



Photobucket

No comments: