Friday, April 5, 2013

Hello Spring

Today was beautiful, and I am crossing my fingers that it is a sign that Spring is here to stay.  I'm not holding my breath, but I am sure wishing.  Since today was so gorgeous we decided to head to the Zoo with the Pickett's for this first time this season.  Apparently we were not the only ones with that agenda.  Upon arrival we realized that the first parking lot was full at 10:30 am.  I have never been there when it was full, especially on a weekday.  We were directed towards the 2nd parking lot, and it took a million years to park.

It was crazy crowded, at the entrance, but since we are members we only had to wait in the short line. Surprisingly once we got inside the zoo, the crowd was not so overwhelming. Of course the train and the carousel were a no go due to the long lines, and the bathroom lines were interesting, but other than that it was all good.



We were able to catch the Cheetah encounter show, and Caleb was on cloud 9.  He always says, "the cheetah is mine and daddy's favorite animal because it is really really fast".  The show had 2 cheetahs chasing a toy to show how fast they were, and it was awesome.

His reaction when the cheetah's first started running! 



The kids ate their lunch, and loved looking at all the animals.  Caleb waked 95% of the time we were there, so I only had to worry about pushing Kinlee, which was nice. Towards the end Caleb was tired, so I put Kinlee in the ergo on my back, and pushed Caleb.  They are now both knocked out!! It was a great start to the Spring season.







Photobucket

No comments: