Saturday, March 23, 2013

We Are not in the Clear Yet

Just when I started to think that sickness might be behind us....just when I said "We are all healthy".....just when I began to breath a sigh of relief...sickness hit again!! This time, Pink Eye.

I hate pink eye. I used to get it all the time when I was little.  Yesterday, Caleb woke up with a crusted eye. I had noticed the night before that it looked red, and I was half expecting him to wake up with it crusted shut.  I called the doctor, informed them what was going on, and they said that I needed to bring him in, in case it wasn't pink eye.  So, to the doctor we went.  Our doctor is not in on Friday's so we saw another doctor in the practice (my least favorite one).  He was checked, and his cough/runny nose was checked as well. The doctor decided that he did not think it was pink eye but just a viral or allergy reaction, and I was informed to call if I started to notice green gunk in his eye.  So, I went about my day yesterday believing that....bad mistake.

Caleb barely slept last night.  Nick was out of town, and I let him sleep with me, and he tossed, and cried all night. He once again woke up to not one crusted eye, but 2, and Mckinlee woke up with one as well.  I immediately called the doctor, and let them know what was going on and they called me in a prescription for each of them.

So, here we are administering medicine 3 times a day to each eye. Caleb handled the drops pretty well, but Kinlee is another story.  I really wish their was oral medication for pink eye for infants/young toddlers.  I am crossing my fingers that after this we will be done with sickness.

 Some happy pictures from the 3 days of non sickness.






Photobucket

No comments: