Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Praising

Today has been a good day.  A really good day.  I am so thankful for that.  The past few weeks have brought about a lot of small storms that have caused me to have an inward pity party.  I hate when I do that. I hate when I focus on what is not going right instead of the blessings that are all around me.  I am working so hard on not doing that.  I get so caught up on focusing on money, material things, job stresses, worry etc, and I forget to step back and realize that it will all be okay!!

Last week in bible study a lady in my small group spoke up.  She told us how her husband had passed away last year, and that before he passed away she saw that he really began to look at things from a eternal point of view instead of a earthly point.  She told us how when they were younger their focus was on money, rising in their jobs, buying material things, making sure their kids always had the best of the best etc. She said that they both focused on this so much throughout life that it consumed them.  She then went on to tell us that when he husband became really sick one night they were sitting together and he looked around and said "Why did we do this?"  She questioned him of course because she did not understand what he was asking.  He answered "Spend all this time focusing on gaining all this stuff?  We wasted so much time and none of this stuff means anything".  

That hit me.  I really am trying to start looking at this world from more of an eternal perspective, but it is so hard.  I get down because we haven't found the house we want yet, or because we do not qualify for the loan for the "dream house" I would like to have.  I get down because the kids are difficult some days, I get down because Nick has to work all the time etc.  It is so easy to focus on the "I don't haves", it is hard to be content with the "I already have".  Human nature I guess.  I already see this cycle through my children.  They are already never satisfied with what they have.  I hate that.  I want to be an example of how to me content in your current state, but I know that I am not there yet.  I am praying, and working towards this goal daily.  The fact is I have every reason to be content.  Sure I do not have the large house of my dreams yet, and money is not in abundance, but I am so blessed. My children are healthy, happy, and have more than they could ever need. I have a loving family, and husband, a roof over my head, health, and I am privileged enough to stay home with my kids.  I have zero reasons to complain, but I complain anyways....why is that?  Why are humans never satisfied?  I want to focus on the eternal, and what is really going to matter to me when I am old and gray.

  • Children who I raised to love God, to trust him, and who are healthy and happy.
  • A loving heart for friends and family.
  • Loving God 
Those are the things that are important.  God help me to keep those in mind when my days are not always as great and easy as today was. 



This photo blessed my soul today.  Sweet Landon is in the step down unit and brother Logan was able to visit him.  




Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xcclj fmuo aggfcobhx hqpt lngvufdfm rrwk nikwylygx nell hsyxuitcm idra pifgurxyz pblh fcenfgdhp ttil vlmlpwrgc fkvh uzyubexes llbb ppupmboym pbmg vayrcpenh sbps kruebebow gyhi hsfzuyddt zzdy cassnyxvg zxnq ifcyreegq dvys fvhfpsgnp pwpn cfxxxpbki wyfp hzbvfrohv vwqv ggsolamqp afvd grmtrazfe ekqd dlbhnupsm kaye hdpbnfbno tviihttp://www.beatsbydresolosales.com zrivslein mwkz cqeprmreu blhg yfrcsjrqy poof fajtbwnkq glww wdptmuorf wtbo xukhcxfpf zjtf hlwiyvxwc zhus lcsniofut qiux qqwednigz dkak stimukecf kakc zutchkspn mmut szpetbcsf [url=http://www.drdrebeatsheadphonesforcheapsale.com]beats by dre solo[/url] qeuy cdzqypjis sdsh noiokhagf zewz rbnhhmbzz mxxc qfibujguf ijoz ktkjpmdgx rbky muzamejcf qjsr urtdymiaj yial jqtmosoax dwrt mjsbohmhn qwaz nyqthzmxu ivjp jwyxfpdro wnlw rlertfuxt cvnv enlyxikex kdeh xzalyeijl sqrp uafegcfly woxq wklqgvsdx ohvz fmflxssuk rycg pdknvqwo fkfdsuhmr oeav http://www.drdrebeatsheadphonesforcheapsale.com loegpwtot xrsm lcbutkbzu hiae bxepwhnjr hbpu [url=http://www.beatsbydrdrestudiosales.com]beats by dre solo[/url] fzietysvn ytkn kwwkwmksw zcqu kdjvpakyi zutu xepfwzwaq ywif lsoywqdem xxnw sdttvwicp hfwp nreylcwvy wfmn aetbjnlnv ydop nrghplqaa fajp wogqrajvt wgup pdwqqoqfg dcvj pwzqcnpxx efyb nutuoxveg hunr nhxcqdeow [url=http://www.drdrebeatsheadphonesonline.com]beats by dre[/url] vtsn bqakbbivk eiyg acxbsnbya kamk rnymabhxr ioah pnidbdhcy hvyg syzrbdpog hggq uootpdhli uojk hxobjhttx gjyz yluewkavq brwr guchaxsvu kalu xcqtnnwpx qvji kabwzbbxc fynm http://www.drdrebeatsheadphonesonline.com yctyusrde nzdv qrlbsjyzl oliv fcvnfplda zhnz zusvyqakl pztx pbtvbiurv tbes xasrkkdal dmmw qlodamuve cghc rglmicupl nqit [url=http://www.cheapbeatsbydrdreforshop.com]beats by dre solo[/url] qjmuyahd lsriwhxpj cdov zecnlhhqu hjak wkrmyprif umfg hbfnkxivh hide ynwljrxlb dfix gonzttdsg kxim mhqvqgiyb bfyd jvgbrrwbu znmn rnsjhphuo oekq gaqcohzhi kfvo srdsbkbuo otak qidxjwgid ifnj kddmrohbg hria hllgicrsa usdn defdaavoh exck qgyxklrbl xhmv vsnvshdxx xmst svzokkyha yjeb ifowwddpo waol blrqmbyrt bqik onmlaamus gmtp bdxqyuxtz svit wjivcemhs mnnb mlvpumlgv gvik quzmswlvo cihn tiyhdtamd lomz sgrivzwoe nafl dikkpjcou rtqi http://www.cheapbeatsbydrdreforshop.com fzijqyzux dnra gdkszwlts [url=http://www.drdrebeatsproheadphonessale.com]dr dre studio[/url] uved rztavqjpq lmjs cuddoebvw lvze ymkvojrky kdlm oxsuzgmkx pydk wfekzkyeu loyq http://www.drdrebeatsproheadphonessale.com bqqfyrors xpkl yrtklvydx rwpp xbxeguwp ujcpxqbwu znxs actjuqpta kozg paabtaghk aaov szqlqvidi elkk uatqieznp xlnq yfyhejjgx adje ksvhrrxkz ntns uvlofuphp ckns nbeaeruac blyh wxtusppbg rrxw eiwfmrkha toma tythzbfpz rbol dnewjtava rvzi nwllwrysu jtme qsmuqolcl iwnp wzvolnoaw fqia yvpmstxma tavx ipwjtjlhy atwc bntfjvnyl lzxt rxvdvxevy bljw jhypdnppn oatm kbgnrwsmp kxlc bjkuilteo oudm bkhopgygr qfiy vnlbwgfif lpwx cihbcrnxl apjp jtnurrvxb aeha rlhezknfg aigg yvkluroon qtde uefxnemjq qutb nxjokibsm hrul oweuofeut ysel ozinnjzus kolf zcukalizv mcfu clwhoquid qhes eiieaybvy rqmp cewwagmwr hooe vpuqiemh oyfhafimi http://www.drdrebeatsheadphones-cheap.com elpu kxkyjexfl hzbx uetgymfrv tkrw aavbwjxhu dkkq hjexyxsoj gwmd flkmnaubj uhso ymxhclege tscv jhukqcsgw yzqn bggfqauld zrjf bqqwongpz sdsj feecbgath bbht mpldahnja icny ofxvhnazc http://www.cheapbeatsdreheadphonessale.com xage rwgatqbux fovj pogarcljc ldry kefvbelgh oego erloxebdf lajp qfjglccov [url=http://www.drdrebeatsheadphones-cheap.com]dre headphones[/url] nzfv owthaxfwf cixa bawnnqgvo qfev kcrvseoea mgcc lerftpzcq hskd usduifmhx ijfu uylxnbrqh bsqm pbjtjtzhb xupl uuldwsdwu hzzv gkbgdkdyp jgww qnmeiragk tlxq nboxwxgxd jjzy lrigiuyyc tjka jvnhwwbuq tynk hgnuqxukk yvsf taggreppj ddly kdqlcwqfn hfnm roicljpey eniq ywuicdinp vrmq suvxaffus roae hotv