Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Going Potty

I am happy and scared to announce that we are on day 4 of Mckinlee using the potty!! I shudder to think that I may have just jinxed myself, but I had to take a moment to brag and document.  Mckinlee will be 20 months on the 6th, so I am so excited that she picked up on potty training so young.


At around 18 months Kinlee started grabbing at her diaper and saying "potty" each time she would go.  I decided to run with it then, and I tried the 3 Day Method, which worked wonderfully for Caleb.  It did not appear to be working with Kinlee because she would hold it all day until I put a diaper back on her.  So, basically I just allowed her to run around with no pants, and sit on the potty when she wanted in and effort to get her comfortable with it.  She has been doing this off and on for a few months. Every once in a while she would actually use it, but for the most part it was a game.  However, this past weekend she just started using it on her own.  She runs in, sits, pees or poops, and then comes out and tells us she went.  My favorite is when she says "Hooray"!

We are still going with the pant less option at home.  With Caleb I introduced wearing pj pants about a week into potty training, and then about a month later I introduced underwear.  I am a little nervous to try pants with Kinlee. I am not sure if she can even pull them down herself, so we shall see how that transition goes.  I am excited to say that we are almost there, and holding my breathe to find out if we are really out of diapers.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lesley Ward said...

Hi Mama G! I am your newest follower! I can't wait to spend all evening reading your blog! Follow me back at http://mommy-inthe-making.blogspot.com/