Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My life with 4 under 5.......soon to be 5 under 5

I have been on a little blog vacay the past couple of weeks. This was not by choice but basically because of life.  As I mentioned in my previous post I have taken on nannying a sweet 10 week old baby girl.  In a few weeks I will have her 4 1/2 year old sister as well, which means I will be caring for 5 kids ages 5 and under!! Geez....I mean once you have done 2 under 2 you can do anything right?

I am determined to keep up with our normal life and activities, but I am expecting people every where we go to ask "are these all yours?" haha. I already get that when I take the three out now.  Life has been a little hectic this past week to say the least, and this is the first nap time I have had to myself to actually sit down and blog.  I am still trying to work the baby's schedule to coincide with the older kids.  We will get there soon..I have faith.....fingers crossed.

Anyways, we have stayed trapped in the house and have spent a lot of time playing outside in water.  Water is the answer to everything!! I swear by it.  The baby has been sleeping in my master bedroom in the mornings, I crack the window which opens into the backyard so I can hear her, I put Mckinlee in the swing, and the boys play with the water hose.  That is how we survive around here.  Of course a few melt downs ensue over whose turn it is to hold the water hose, the fact that we have to go up to the balcony to eat etc etc.....but we survive. 









I have to admit it is interesting adjusting back to the feed every 3 hour schedule, and pulling out the old baby toys again, and doing the 2 under 2 thing again. However, my kids have been great with the baby.  Caleb always lays down beside her, and talks to her. He tells her "don't cry, it's ok, your mom mom will be back".  He kisses her head, and rubs her belly.  Mckinlee loves to come beside her and say "hiiii".  She likes to try to feed her a bottle, and play with her toys.  It is sweet to see them with a little one. 

My life is definitely a little crazy....but We Will Survive!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amelia said...

You are crazy girl!!! Good for you. I'm totally impressed. I can't complain about 1 anymore :)

Amelia said...

You are crazy girl!!! Good for you. I'm totally impressed. I can't complain about 1 anymore :)