Caleb at 1 year you are...
Eating: You are transitioning off the bottle. We have started a mixture of whole milk and formula this week in a sippy. You seem to be fine taking your milk from a sippy except for your morning bottle. We are slowly working on that one. In replacement of your daytime bottles you are starting to have snack time. This is up and down, and sometimes you still act hungry, but we are figuring it out. You still eat three solid meals a day.
Sleeping: Still sleeping fantastic. Thank you sweet boy for that. You go to bed at 9:30, and you sleep until 8 am. You generally fall right back to sleep after your morning bottle until around 10. You take another two hour nap around 12 or 1, and another 1 hour nap later in the day. The times depend on your mood. You just lay your head down when I put you in your crib, and listen to Scout play music and drift off.
Size: You are mostly wearing 12-18 month clothes. You can still fit in a size 3 shoe, but your feet are getting so much longer that you are close to fitting in a four. You are wearing a size 4 diaper. You weight 26 lbs and you are 29 1/2 inches. You have really skinnied out these past few months.
Exciting New Things:
- You know what sound a doggie makes and it is your favorite thing to do. We say "Caleb what does the doggie say?" and you saw "Oofff". It sounds more like a mixture between an owl and a dog, but it is soo cute. You always bark at doggies when you see them.
- Bella is your best friend. You play with her all the time, and you hold her toy and swing it back and forth like you have seen us do.
- You are walking behind toys like crazy. You got a Buzz lightyear push toy for your b-day, and it is your favorite thing. You could walk behind it forever.
- You have taken 4 steps. Not together, but at different times. You are definitely getting more brave.
- You understand everything now. It amazes me how smart you are.
- You love to hammer things, and you are obsessed with any and all shovels.
- Your sand box and swing are your new favorite things.
- You're still a water baby. You have no fear. You will dunk your head, crawl into the water with no problem, and splash. Soo cute.