Tuesday, January 27, 2009

12 Weeks and living in a snow storm

First of all I am thankful today for Matt's safe flight to Atlanta. He will begin rehabilitation there, and I am so excited for his recovery. Please continue to pray for him. Nick, baby and I are now at the 12 week point. In a way the last 6 weeks have flown and in a way they have drug on. It is crazy couting your time in pregnancy weeks. I have to admit I am a little excited/freaked out about the small bump appearing on my belly. Just this week I have started to have trouble buttoning my pants. Even my loose ones. I discovered a little band called the Bella Band the other day, and it has been my life saver. It is a little band that fits over your pre pregnancy pants, and allows you to leave them unbuttoned. It was the perfect solution since I am still to tiny for maternity pants.

The baby this week is developing fingernails, has a fully functioning liver and kidneys, is about 2 1/2 inches long and about 3 to 5 ounces. It is crazy that something so tiny is making my belly bigger than it has ever been.

This snow storm today has been crazy. I of course had to work today since I am working at a day care, and it takes a natural disaster for day cares to close. Luckily they will be closed tomorrow. I have not seen this much snow in so long, and it was so hard to resist the urge to go sledding this afternoon. Man all the things you can not do when you are pregnant. My dog Bella was so funny in the snow this morning. I let her outside to use the restroom and she stepped into the snow, and it covered her to her back. She just froze and started barking because she did not know what to do. It was soo funny. She obviously was not excited about the cold, white stuff surrounding her. Please keep Nick in your prayers tonight, he will be plowing parking lots throughout the night.

Also, I am so excited that one of my best friends since kindergarten is expecting a baby two weeks after me. It is so exciting because I was born two weeks after her, her sister was born two weeks after my sister, and her baby will be born two weeks after mine. It has been fun talking "pregnancy" together, and I am so excited for our babies to meet eachother. We keep saying that I will have a boy and she will have a girl and they can be boyfriend and girlfriend.

I am so excited to find out for sure what I am having. My next appointment in Feb. 10, but I think they are waiting until the appointment after that to discover the sex of the baby. I just can't shake the feeling that it is a boy. In fact Nick's cousin just gave us three bags of baby boy hand me down clothes from her little boy, so if it ends up being a girl I will be returning those.

No comments: